1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

e by Jose Andres

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by AceTen, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been recently? I have a reservation for the 8th of Feb, I've been to a few Michelin star restaurants, so I have seen high level of cuisine, but I hear the cost is astronomical at e. Also, the meal will probably last about 3-4 hours. Worth it??? Trying to decide if it's worth going...

2. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AceTen, not sure if Feb 2012 still counts as "recent" but I've been twice and that was my most recent visit. I think it's a fantastic meal, both in terms of taste and experience. Not many places like it in LV. It definitely got me to try things I haven't tried before (uni being the most memorable) and even dishes that seem simple (like a chickpea soup) were complex and delicious.

I got the wine pairing the last time and I'm no oenophile (right word?) and I'm not sure if it's worth it. If I remember correctly, basically doubles the cost of the meal. Though, the gin and tonic is pretty great and the cava container is pretty cool too -- but you can probably get those on their own.

3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in March of last year (2013). It's a phenomenal experience, and fast-paced, actually. My meal was about 3 hours. It's a fantastic way to make molecular gastronomy approachable. Every course is plated from start to finish in front of you. The chefs are open and interactive -- ask any questions you like. It's truly theatrical, and the food is just fantastic. It's a great meal and well worth it. I'd recommend not bothering with the wine pairing -- the fast pace of the courses makes it a little fast for the pairings. You'd be great just ordering off the wine list.

It really is a can't-miss experience. Dinner with wine pairing for me was about $400, which I felt was very reasonable for the experience. It was a pure delight.

4. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

I would agree 100% with Danny's description. If it interests you; if it's an itch, you need to scratch it and reading online posts about it is no substitute.

Having said that, I've been there twice and the first time was better than the second. For me, the itch was scratched. The third time will be at the bar at Jose Andres and I am confident it will be fantastic.

PS, do the wine pairing, knowing that you'll be happily schockered at the end of the meal. It's not cheap but it's well done, and that boozy coffee they do is amazing.

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $400 for 3 hours in Vegas is cheaper than gambling, hookers, and blow!

I thought it was well worth it!

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went a few years ago and found it highly enjoyable experience. We went as a group of 6, but 2 skipped on us last minute, and we understandably still had to pay for the 8. We probably got good value from that watering can filled with wine though!

As BeeeJay says, it's much cheaper than a hooker and an 8ball, but I wouldn't say it's as much fun :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.