1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Summer dates?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by veovis23, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone heard anything about when summer dates will be available for room comps? I caught the Delta glitch and booked a flight for memorial day weekend for $60 and am trying to figure out if room comps will even be available. If i knew it wasn't then I would snag show tix or bottle service or something else.

2. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be asking "if" rather than "when". With all the recent changes, it looks like they may be trying to kill off the game by drastically reducing LP build-ups and also making rewards worse and worse, and more expensive (or just totally removed).

3. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I am afraid of.

4. Franky

Franky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The available dates have been changed to go through September 2014. It doesn't seem that the calendars are update with the available dates yet though.

This is good though because it means the LP cost isn't going up and the rewards aren't going away.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? :confused2:

6. Franky

Franky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you click on one of the room rewards then click next, you see the Travel Window is May 2013 through September 2014 and the Booking Window is the same.

As of yesterday it said May 2013 through March 2013.

Hope that clears it up lol

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does. I was so confused.

It seems like they should be updating the calendars any day now.

8. Franky

Franky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry 'bout that. Should have worded it better! :beer:

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that the only comp room offer for Mirage is the Midweek Comp Room Bonus (except for the one thru Feb)

10. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear. Thanks for the heads up!

11. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting to book for May. Lets hope they soon update the calendars..... I have already purchased one reward for Mirage at $42/night - the available dates are on the reward listing itself and one date is during the week we will be there. I haven't booked it yet because I'm waiting to see what nights will be available for the midweek comp.

12. Arlene

Arlene Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spoke with MyVegas booking people last weekend, who mentioned it would be another 2 + weeks before April dates would be released. Past April may be a bit longer....hope this helps.

Arlene :beer:

13. Dreamtiem

Dreamtiem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    any news about that?

I am still waiting for April dates for the most hotels :( Aria 25% and Bellagio 30/35% are missing completely.

14. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a response from my post on the myVegas support forum about 2 weeks ago and was told they had discussed it in their morning meeting that morning and it would be anytime now. Since I've read someone else was basically told the same thing back at the beginning of December I don't think anyone knows when they will be posted or at least will not tell us! I went ahead and booked a refundable CET property though in case my dates aren't part of Mirage's comp dates. They do have a $48/night Mirage reward with dates until the end of May so I don't understand why the other comp dates aren't out yet.

15. bcneil

bcneil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used up my 3 midweek bonus Aria stays, my normal midweek Aria stay, and a weekend bonus there as well. So I basically used up all my midweek aria stays. Its where I like to play my poker.

Now, whenever I have called in to book rooms with MyVegas, you go to their automated system. It is like "press 1 to book at Bellagio, aria, or vdara"

But I have never seen any rewards for Vdara, so I called in just to ask, since it would make a logical second choice if I wanted to play poker at Aria.

I tried to book at Monte Carlo before, but they would not let me use MyVegas for more than 1 night in a row.

The rep basically told me that they are moving away from free rooms and the % discount for rooms. To a price per night. Like the $38 a night Monte Carlo. The benefit being, you would be able to use it for multi night stays, pretty much everywhere.

16. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/mandalaybay.aspx

Here's the calendars if anyone was looking just change Mandalay Bay to the hotel of your choice... but yea doesn't seem to have any updated dates.

Yea, I wouldn't count on any either. Besides it's to the point you need a ridiculous amount of LPs to even redeem a 2 night stay at something decent. My time is not worth a $40 room are Luxor. I'll just pay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.