1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Italian

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by broncofn, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started a thread for steakhouse preferences and Ramsay or prime are the choices. Now for Italian it is between Raos or mimo ferraros.

Rao's
    I have eaten here many times and never had a bad meal. My uncle used to be good friends with bubbles before he passed.

Ferraros
    Had dinner once at their old location and was fantastic for the price. They have the best Osso bucco in the country and the whole menu is reasonably priced.

The reason why I'm asking about restaurant preferences (steak and Italian) is because I am taking a close friend to vegas for the Super Bowl. I know what I enjoy but want them to enjoy also.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of Ferraro's! I never dined at the Flamingo location, but found them when they moved across from the Hard Rock. I've eaten there 4-5 times a year for the past almost 4 years, I guess. It's just a really comfortable place with GREAT food.

I've never eaten at Rao's, but know it has plenty of fans here on the board.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks smartone. Im leaning towards ferraros since ive been to raos so many times. But since we cant get into the raos in nyc, it'll be nice to take him to the one at caesars. Im sure no one can go wrong with either.

4. donof

donof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely try Zeffirino at the Venetian. I'm Italian and originally from New York. My Grandfather used to take me to the best Italian places in Brooklyn. Zeffirino is the only one I've tried that compares.

5. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a huge Italian fan and have never been more disappointed than I was with Raos. After years of build up the food was just ok at best for my tastes.

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten Italian at Fellini's in Stratosphere , Carmines and Trevi in Forum Shops, La Provencal French/Italian in Paris. All multiple times. All were excellent. I'm Nicky from New York, I know good macaroni.

I do have to ask if anyone has ever eaten at Salvatore's in the Suncoast? I've heard good things about that place.

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand what you are saying. I've always enjoyed it. But also maybe that is because I can't get into the one in NYC every time I'm there and always get their answering machine that says they are booked for the next 10,000 years lol.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest Trevi at Caesars.

9. meliphilus

meliphilus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a food expert but really enjoy lasagne. I had the best lasagne ever on 1/1/14 at Trevi.

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Battista's Hole In The Wall. Frank ate there.

Yo, you got a problem wid dat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.