1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need suggestions for a "fancy meal"

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ams722, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend, his girlfriend, and I will be in Vegas in June and he wants to have at least one or two "fancy" (i.e. expensive) meals in nice restaurants on the strip.

To me, that is just a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere (like the blackjack tables, for example). But being the good friend I am I have to go along with it.

Any suggestions for good restaurants or steakhouses on the strip? Best bang for the buck? I'd like a place with a good fixed price menu (preferably with entrees other than steak or fish because I am NOT a steak guy). Also, restaurants at MGM properties would be preferred so I can charge it to the room and at least get some bang for the overpriced buck via tier points. The MGM property thing isn't a necessity though.

Any advise is appreciated. I'm usually just a buffet guy.

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak at MGM and Le Cirque at Bellagio are our two top favorites right now. Craftsteak is more casual as far as fine dining goes, but the service is excellent and the wagyu tartare is amazing. Le Cirque is a bit more pricey, but the food and service is some of the best I've had.

3. sukiran

sukiran Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't argue with Craftsteak but would also mention Fiamma at MGM, a nice, less expensive room (insist on the main room or back room, not front room), or Joel Robichon Atelier if you want to impress and maybe learn about 5-star food.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM properties: try le cirque (Bellagio), Aureole (MB) wasn't too expensive, I heard Sage was good, never tried it tho. Joel Robichon is a good place, but probably the most expensive of all.

Others: CUT (Palazzo) it is a steak property tho, Wynn is a good place for fancy food other than steak, I think Caesars has a good place, can't remember the name.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know your budget but i always thought the degustation menu at Picasso is outstanding value. Go with the wine pairings and you will experience some world class dining for a very affordable price.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    budget and food type.

some people call a double whopper fancey:thumbsup:

a good meal could run 100$ to 500$ a person without booze so where do you fall .

please give us some idea otherwise i recomend deny's:beer:

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on those parameters I have two suggestions: Julian Serrano at Aria. Its tapas, very good, not terribly expensive, and has a heck of a lot more on the menu than steak and fish. Second, I suggest Aureole at Mandalay Bay. Its French inspired food, very fancy, good food, and has the servers flying around the big wine tower at the front of the restaurant. Either one, you should both enjoy!

I Need Spa
  8. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the best meals I have had in Vegas was at Jean Georges Steakhouse at the Aria. It was several years ago, so you may want to check the website for prices and fixed price meal options.

I had the iceberg wedge salad (with bacon and blue cheese) and the 8oz fillet which were both outstanding.

9. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize at Palms. Best view in Vegas. If you can wait long enough, watching the sun go down and the lights on the strip come on it is an amazing view.

Very Good French food. Excellent service. A superb wine cellar. Best Cognac selection in Vegas. The Dover Sole is a mouth watering dish.

Craftsteak at MGM for an MGM property.

Aureole disappointed me in a very high fashion. The only thing cool in it is the wine angels. The food was very disappointing. The wine cellar at Alize is just the same at Aureole.

Isn't Paris an MGM Porperty? The Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris is a cool view of the Bellagio fountains. Service is excellent. Food is so so.

10. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is a Caesars property

Eiffel Tower tasting menu is fabulous.

I have had 2 meals in Las Vegas that totally blew me away. One was the Omakase dinner at Shibuya at MGM Grand. But it sounds like the OP is more interested in a steakhouse type meal. The second was Heritage Steak at Mirage.

Sage, which I saw mentioned a few posts back, is also very good.

11. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rao’s fine Italian at Ceasars.

Mastro’s Ocean Club at City Center

12. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the restaurants in Aria have prix fixe options, as well as early dinner / pre-theater options. You can see prices and menus at the Aria website. I second the recommendation for Julian Serrano.

13. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off strip - best value

If you want to take a small cab ride (could even walk)../..

Lawry's Prime Rib ....decent value fro what you get with the meal.

14. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage used tops for us till we ate at Picasso. They have a prix fixe menu and a special prix fixe for the night. We chose the special. It was pricey as hell but worth it.

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on Julian Serrano!

You don't really want to go to a steakhouse.. and not have steak, seems like a waste to me. Find something else high end that doesn't specialize in steak.

16. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if they have a price fix menu but Jasmine at Bellagio is good choice. While it is pricey for Chinese, you can get out of there for $50 per person if you only have 1 or 2drinks. I also like Jasmine because it absolutely gorgeous inside and has a nice view of the fountains. If your buddy hasn't been to vegas or wants to impress his girlfriend, that room will do the trick.

17. LakeMinnetonkaRealtor

LakeMinnetonkaRealtor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Olives at Bellagio would be a great option. It isn't super high end, yet will provide great food, and a cool atmosphere too.

18. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jasmine did have a tasting menu the last time we were there. It wasn't cheap but it was delish...Should be noted on their web site if they still are offering it. I agree that it is one of the most beautiful rooms in LV

19. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aureole at Mandalay, best meal and service we have had anywhere outside Robuchon and Latailere, and at 1/2 the price of Lataliere and 1/4 of Robuchon, ask for the Swan Court seating. After those three Picasso would be our next choice, Serrano is not what I would consider fancy nor expensive but if you go sit at the bar and hope Jeffery is tending, best bartender in town for my experience. Big plus of Serrano is they have the best Red Sangria I have had anywhere including Spain and Brazil.

20. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The correct answer is either Picasso or L'atellier. No way OP will spring for Robouchon or Guy Savoy, so those are the best two restaurants on the strip left. Not super pricey either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.