1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shows I suffered, now you don't have to!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bignig135, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have seen literally dozens of Vegas shows over the years and by and large have been very fortunate in our choices. We have only really disliked 4, 2 of which are still current so this is friendly advice to save you disappointment! Zumanity at NY NY is by far the worst Cirque show and although it is meant to be sensual and erotic it is actually dull and an embarrassment, far better to see Ka or O.
    Tony and Tina's Wedding sounded like a great idea but was produced very poorly. You miss an awful lot of what is going on because the actors aren't well miked up and you only really catch what is occurring beside you. we hated it so much that we even left before the free buffet halfway through the show!
    Jubilee at Ballys was a really old fashioned Vegas show and there were too many song and dance numbers that seemed to go on for ever. Despite dozens of topless dancers, I kept yawning and looking at my watch!
    Nunsense was on at LVH and was probably the worst show we have ever seen in Vegas! Advertising attempted to compare it with Sister Act but was simply cringeworthy, juvenile and a mystery as to how it ever made it on stage!
    Hope you choose well for your future shows!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats whats great about opinions and vegas i had basicaly the oposite of most of your reviews

3. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers

Thanks very much, nice that despite having differing opinions, you live and let live!

4. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Zumanity!!! Have seen it twice. would see it again. had high expectations that were not met for Jubilee though

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen every Cirque show in Vegas and Zumanity is still by far my favorite. We are going to see it again on our next trip. We both had nice naps during O and KA both. Most boring shows I have ever seen.

Sema Show
  6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell asleep in Zumanity and hated O and have since decided I will not ever again see a CDS show:peace:

Lots of options for everyone, thank goodness:thumbsup:

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only Las Vegas show I was disappointed with was the Riviera Comedy Club many years back. Performers change so this is just for historical reference. :) The headliner was supposed to be some kind of semi-famous comedian and the warm-up guy was an absolute scream, but the main guy just kept making drug references and f-bombs and was not really funny at all.

It's too bad about Tony N Tina's Wedding. I would think that a Las Vegas cast could pull it off much better than the local production I saw. The premise is perfect with all of the stereotypes like the uber-pregnant bridesmaid and the in-your-face photographer but you really need performers who can do interactive and improv to do this one justice.

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only truly bad show I have seen in Vegas was the Improv at Harrahs. Obviously, that experience can vary based on which comedians they bring in, but the time I watched it, it was awful. Three comedians and a total of two funny jokes between all of them.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I my opinion Beatles Love is the best Cirque show.

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty safe to assume you've not attended the Criss Angel turd at Luxor...

11. oldarmy

oldarmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jubilee.....Not so fast my friend. This classic old school Vegas. :nono:

12. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always sort of feel sorry for people who are lined up to see shows that I deem dumb. For example, I would never see donny and marie but everyone loves it. When I walk by and see people lined up for it I feel sorry for them for having spent the money on it.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for making me laugh:thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree ,it felt like braoadway musical and my parents loved it, so if you want a old school show for your parents its a must.i was surprised i liked it

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jubilee was a snoozefest when we were there in April. And only about half full, if that. I get that an "old time" Vegas show is needed but holy cow was it boring. But it's being revamped, hopefully they'll keep the classic old school feel and still be able to keep people awake.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the night i went somebody had a heart attack and no im not kidding .

17. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had such high hopes for Jubilee and had wanted to see it for many years. Sad to say I was pretty disappointed with it, it just seemed tired to me. I'll probably see the revamped show, I just love "old Vegas" and am still hopeful that it will live up to my expectations.

Vegas! The Show was a better "old school" vibe and I would recommend it to anyone. There were 8 in our group, men and women, ranging from age 22 - 77 and everyone liked it.

I've never seen a CDS show, they just all seem boring to me.

18. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must agree suebee, Vegas the Show was excellent, especially as we didn't have high expectations for it. Good mix of variety acts and fantastic singers.

19. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worse show I've suffered through without a doubt was Absinthe. Saw at least a dozen people walk out before we left so I'm not alone in my dislike of this show. I know I'm in the minority on this board on this show. As I've asked people before if it is so wonderful why do they need to discount tickets to fill a small tent? A full house is probably only 300 people and they can't get people to pay the full price for even that small of a house.

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when the reopend they raised the price around 30 $ than when it originsly started. i loved it but you need to have an open mind and with all due resrpect not be sexually uptight.some people it will offend and they will leave its for a specific target audiunce not family friendly like pen and teller.

ive seen people walk out of vinnie and dice but thats there act to offend if find them funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.