1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

kids birthday party

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sporty8705, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am prolly asking for trouble, however, I just want opinions not grief.

My son turns 3 in less than a month. His father isn't really around much. He is allowed one weekend a month, and took 4/12 this year and looks for any excuse to not have him. '

Anyways, my son knows he is having a party and accidentally told his dad, now his dad invited himself. I asked him if he was going, if he would pay his half, he said it depeneded on how the guests treated him and his parents when they arrived. So not only did he invite himself and his parents, but I told him I did not want him there, and he got all upset and started crying.

So what do I do? my family, grandparents, friends all dislike him tremendously. I am talking, they know he keeps quitting jobs because he hates the jobs, refuses to pay his child support, his father pays it for him, and that he never wanted our son.. so.. I don't want him there, so do I just allow them all to come and pay and keep my mouth shut, or keep trying to convince him not to go, that he wasn't invited.

2. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I would change the party location and have it without him. If he's that disinterested in his son, why have him at the party and invite all the drama that apparently comes with him? A real father doesn't stay away from his son on purpose.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If his parents are paying his child support, they probably should have been invited anyway unless they treat you badly too. I am sure you don't want to hear it but two wrongs don't make a right. Let them come and think long term about how to exist together for the sake of your child. Even though he is basically an absentee dad, I would hate to see him use situations like this against you in court in the future.

4. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do, they questioned that it was his baby, always have to give their 2 cents worth. Christmas day, our son didn't want to go to his dads house, once there he was screaming, the grandpa yelled at me, the grandma came and threw our sons presents at my face and yelled this is a really shitty thing to do.. well what do you expect when he doesn't want to be there, and I have to convince him to stay.. and his parents pay the support because they allow their kid to quit over any little thing. someone makes fun of him, he quits, doesn't like the job, quits, has to work Christmas day, quits..

not to mention that we agreed to split our sons preschool tuition once he lost his grant, well he said if i pay 450 a month, i get him an extra 45 hours, so our son is worth 10 bucks an hour.. many many issues I have with him..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.