1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's internet access (own AP)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wysiwyg, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Harrah's in a couple weeks and understand that wifi isn't available in the rooms (except some suites), can I bring my own access point to hook up to the LAN connection or does it need to be authenticated via a web site before granting me an IP?

2. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shouldn't matter if you need to be authenticated or not. If it does, just connect to the AP from your laptop and you'll get the authentication screen as if you were connected directly. It will pick up the MAC address of your AP and you'll be able to connect however many devices you want

3. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is that I won't have a laptop. Just my iPad. I don't think the AP can pass through the authentication screen but I will can always try. Every hotel I stayed in the last 15 years have had wifi, never thought Harrah's would be stuck in the 90s!

4. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same thing, laptop or ipad. once you connect the ipad, just goto any website (www.google.com, whatever) and it should redirect you to the sign up page for the harrahs internet.

5. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, thanks for your help!

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Digging around on their page, they are trying to be deliberately obtuse on what service they offer. But I think I've heard they have wifi in some rooms and wired in others. If that's the case, they may be able to put you in a room with wifi at check in.

7. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think wifi in some suites. Funny thing is that I did stay at Harrah's a few years ago and don't remember not having wifi. Will see in 2 weeks I guess.

8. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a veteran business traveler - spent about 250 nights in a hotel room in 2013 and will do the same next year - I carry a small dLink router with me. Worked great on the 29th floor of Monte Carlo a couple weeks ago as their WiFi stinks. Connected PC, iPhone, iPad all no problem.

It's just a pain though having to drag another electronic gizmo!

9. GoingBroke777

GoingBroke777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, i was disappointed to see i had to connect via Ethernet cord last time. Would not be as bad if the cord was longer, being restricted to a couple feet from the night stand sucked.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was really my own complaint about my room also. I like to sit in bed on the laptop & the cord was not long enough.

I was allergic to the cleaning solution but that was my issue - not theirs. Just amazed at no Wi-Fi though. Paris was wired until a couple years ago & then they upgraded everything so it's Wi-Fi there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.