1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How is the Aria buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by 1LuckyMomma, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does the Aria buffet compare to Mirage, Rio, Flamingo or Orleans? I'm thinking about getting buffet passes for the Aria but can't find reviews of it.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I say it's fair. It seems to get a lot of positive comments on this board. Cannot say how it compares to the one's you mentioned.

I may be a biased though, it rained like crazy and I got soaked on the way there. On top of that I was looking for crab legs and they were tiny, like the size of a dime. I had heard the Naan bread was good, a lady was preparing some and when I asked her when it would be ready it seems she didn't speak English. She just looked at me and bobbled her head.

The next day we had the lunch buffet at MSS, it was great.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not tried the Orleans, but the Aria buffet is better than the other 3. Doesn't hold a candle to Wynn or Bellagio, but it is decent

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my parents loved it

5. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife enjoyed it in October. We have planned to go during our Jan trip.

6. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a myvegas reward that we used for breakfast about 3 weeks ago. They do have a nice diverse assortment. However, much of the food was not even warm. To be honest, I worried about food poisoning because it was lukewarm at best. The only thing hot was the chicken noodle soup (yes, I ate that for breakfast).

The service was awful and It was not even busy. The table next to ours had to flag down a bus person to get coffee and another table had to grab silverware from an open table. After we got our beverages we never saw our server again.
    I won't go again, not even for free!!!

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Aria's buffet a lot. My friend it was better than the Bellagio. I think the Bellagio is the best, IMO.

8. ecrispy

ecrispy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think quality of Vegas buffets varies hugely day to day. I keep reading reviews and they are so different for the same places, it's the only explanation.

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know what?? I have to agree, and sometimes that could be even between service to service from what ya read....LOL!

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, it's my favorite buffet. I'm not a big fan of Bellagio's buffet, the food selection isn't great and the dining area is getting worn out.

Everyone will have a personal preference depending on their diets.

11. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm.....I'm thinking we may just wing it. Just looking for a way to use Myvegas lps. I may just wait until we get there.

12. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is definitely better than Orleans; haven't tried the others on your list. The only place I liked better than Aria is Wynn, though I've yet to try the buffet at Cosmo or Caesar's yet.

13. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it last September using MyVegas redemptions and was pleasantly surprised. It had a very nice selection of items which were more higher end than other buffets. Lots of things you won't find elsewhere. The only deception was the deserts. I was dissepointed. Will go back for sure. Service was so so.. I had to wait a long time for drink refills.

14. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria buffet

Earlier this year had a mlife offer that came with free buffet daily. Food was very good at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Has nothing on Ceasars or Bellagio which are better. Service was spotty at times. Nice modern feel to the buffet.

15. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there twice. Large selection..but I found that the majority of items had no labels to tell you what they were or there would just be a chalkboard above a station that would list what was on that table but you had to decipher what was what. Despite the larger selection, I would still prefer to go to Mirage just because of the amazing salad bar. I also don't think that the Bellagio buffet is anything special and it's never really stood out for me over the 4 times I've been there with myvegas rewards.

16. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

In response to original query, Aria's buffet is better than Flamingo, Orleans and Rio. Additionally, it has a more pleasant dining area.
    Mirage and Aria may be a toss up. I thoroughly enjoy both.

17. ecrispy

ecrispy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the Aria buffet doesn't close for lunch, I'm planning to go at 10.30 so we can get both the breakfast/lunch dishes. Do they start ramping down the breakfast dishes near the end - i.e. I'm assuming there are stations for made to order omelet and pancakes, and would like to use these.

18. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the Mirage buffet last time we were in town due to Myvegas reward BOGO. It was nice, but I was really glad I didn't pay full price. There were a lot of boring dishes that lacked a lot of flavor. I enjoyed the shrimp cocktail though and got my money's worth. :licklips: I also tried sushi there for the first time.

They had a huge selection of desserts beautifully displayed. I tried about 7 different things and honestly only liked one of them. But, I'm a personal chef, so I'm pickier than the average diner.

I definitely wouldn't go back without a bogo or better coupon. We keep going back to the Orleans buffet because it's been inexpensive and reliable each and every time. It's pretty predictable though. I like to try new places every time we're in town, but can't get past the price of buffets at some places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.