1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report- December 13th-16th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kfren09, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfren09

kfren09 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, it took me a week to recover from this one!!

Hotel's: Harrah's on a free night offer... Good as usual. I've stayed at Harrah's for the past 12 years, it's always been home to me.

I'll break this up into sections...

Shows:

We usually don't do any shows in Vegas, but I decided to get the Veronic Voices tickets for the $2.50 price. Best money I've spent in Vegas... she was amazing. Beyond amazing, we really enjoyed ourselves and like everyone else says, I would have paid full price.

Food/ MyVegas

Aria Buffet- Easy to redeem now that they just put it right on your Mlife Card! Buffet was good, even better that it was free :)

Jean Phillippe- Had a raspberry lemon tart that was to DIE for... again, thanks Myvegas.

Harrah's oyster Bar- My husband raved about this place, and surprisingly I've never been. We hit it up before we left to spend some RC's... I had the scallops in a Cajun cream sauce with pasta. It was great. Scallops were perfectly cooked.

McD's... had to make a run at around 4 in the morning. I have to say, probably one of the best double cheeseburger's I've ever had.

Earl of Sandwich- Great sandwiches, a must have every time I'm in town.

Lagasse's Stadium- Shrimp Po Boy, Chili Fries, and 2 buckets of beer. YUM.

$50 for drinks at Times Square Bar... used to be a $75 Credit! Still good for free drinks.

The Pub at Monte Carlo- Decent food... my husband did not like his fish and chips, but everything else was average. Used a $50 Monte Carlo Credit.

Gambling/Sports Betting

I play everything... Roulette, Slots, Video Poker...

I do the envelope system (split up in my money by day's and leave it in the safe)

Gambling wise, I did ok for the most part. A lot of up and down's. My last day, I visited the Triple Cherry $5 Machine at the Cosmopolitan that my sisters and I hit big on last time we were in town. $20 bucks in and 2 spins later a $500 win. A nice way to leave Vegas!

Sports betting- Sunday's in Vegas are my FAVORITE! I hit a 3 team parlay, the Sunday night game, and my beloved Packers covered the spread! Go Me! We actually got a table at Lagasse's Stadium and paid the $50/person F& B Minimum. Well worth it. Had a huge couch and an 80" TV. Met some fabulous friends from AZ that were also Packers fans... Fireball shots went down quite smoothly while the Packers were making their epic comeback!

Overall thoughts.

-The NFR was in town and all the cowboys were super nice... a great crowd to be in Vegas, too bad it's the last year!

-WAY too many people not knowing blackjack strategy. Staying on 13's when the dealer has a face card up, hitting on 16's when the dealer has a 5. I know you can only be in control of your own hand, but it's still annoying.

-December might be my new favorite time of year to visit. Weather is nice, not that crowded and we got some Christmas shopping done!

Can't wait until the next trip!

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Trip Report! Glad you had a fun trip. It's great to have a nice hit on the machines just before going home.

December is one of my favorite months to visit also. I like the cool weather and (sort of) smaller crowds.

I can't visit Vegas in December this year because of job commitments.

I'm pissed.....:grrr:

:beer::thumbsup:

3. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    December is one of my favorite times too. I tried to make it this year, but my schedule only allowed for a January trip.

4. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "-The NFR was in town and all the cowboys were super nice... a great crowd to be in Vegas, too bad it's the last year!"

Thanks for report---not sure it's the last year---I think it's through 2014----last I heard, they were still talking----can't believe cowboys want to transport to Florida---long haul-----

I really like this place!
  5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in Vegas too; love NFR in Vegas, not that I actually go to rodeo events, but what isn't there to love about polite cowboys in jeans that fit, lol. I saw Veronic in Oct on the $2.50 offer...I wouldn't pay full price, but I did enjoy the show. Sure hope the rodeo stays! The weather has been great the past few years and love the rodeo atmosphere and crowd!

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

we stay at harrahs a lot, too. the location fits us best of the harrahs properties, and we do not get much from paris, ph or caesars, so harrahs.

good to know about the seafood options, have never, apparently, looked at the oyster bar menu, just avoided it because oysters not our thing.

rodeo is still there next year, and do not be surprised if something happens to keep it there. sounds like the other announcement might fall in the category of negotiating in the press. cowboys travel, all year, mostly on their dime, any way possible to reach as many rodeos as possible, probably losing money, to earn enough at rodeos to get in the top 15 and qualify for the nfr. there, 10 nights in the same place, big money, and appearance fees from all their sponsors is where they make their money for the year.

it is the stock that probably will not travel. because rodeo is mostly a western sport, most of the stock contractors are also from the west. my first reminder of this years rodeo was when i saw the calgary stampede livestock hauler in the other lane on the interstate...still in november to get animals down, comfortable as the pampered athletes that they are, and acclimated. with this years weather, that acclimation was pretty easy, the tv announcers even commented on how good the horses were feeling in the cool weather. florida would be a big problem for the horses, both the buckers and the ones ridden by contestants.

best double cheeseburger from mcd's ever must have something to do with the reason you were up at 4 in the morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.