1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Concert at The Joint at Hard Rock

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by jawdad, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawdad

jawdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to see Zac Brown at The Joint in January! Its all SRO GA tickets...besides a few reserved seats in balcony and vip. There is SRO on floor and in balcony. For those of you who have seen a show at this venue...is it a good place for a show? Any tips? Should I buy floor or balcony tickets? (All are same price).

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    floor or mezz tables and the venue suxs sorry to tell you that

do not buy balcony or ga balcony way to far away

smartone your turn:thumbsup:

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Too Funny! I love The Joint for concerts, but too be fair have seen all of the 7 or 8 I've seen there from the plush leather seats in the Studio Level VIP boxes.

The high-boy tables that line the sides of the same level look pretty sweet to me as well.

Honestly, I'll have to defer to Paperposter's knowledge here, as I know nothing about what goes on at the floor or balcony levels.:wave:

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you have the money get a mezz table ill be happy to tell you the best ones if not and can deal with the drunks get ga floors its the only way to go in that venue

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a venue of that size of course there will be seats that aren't a great view. I've seen many concerts in similar sized places and this place is above average in terms of site lines, seating, etc...

So yeah, it's not as great as a 500 seat theater or anything like that.

BTW, I don't care for country but I saw Zac Brown last year and it was a great show. It was a 25,000 seat place. I was probably half way back. Any seat at the Joint would have been closer. So it's all relative. :beer:

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big country fan and somehow haven't "warmed-up" to Zac Brown, BUT... I saw them play with Dave Grohl (Foo-Fighters, Nirvana) on the American Music Awards or something similar just a month ago and it was BADASS!

7. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Kenny Chesney at the Joint 2 years ago and it was an awesome show. If you are a person that likes to sit down at a concert, then I strongly suggest the mezzanine tables. However, if you typically stand at concerts, then I strongly suggest GA. The floor of the GA is slighly inclined from front to back so that you have a decent view of the stage no matter where you stand. You can really get up close and get good pictures with GA tix.

I actually really liked the Joint, and I would go back in a heartbeat. I would get GA tickets every time unless it was a chill artist where the crowd usually sits down (i.e. Michael Buble or something like that).

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My GF is a country fan so the past 1+ years I've gone to several country shows and I must say most of them have been fun. We have gone to quite a mix of shows that we each like. Zac Brown, Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Kid Rock. Aerosmith, Matchbox Twenty, Brian Setzer, Scorpions, Cake, Barnaked Ladies, Tom Petty, Kenny Chesney and a few others. I love live music, I can't imagine sitting through a concert. :)

9. jawdad

jawdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the answers!! We like to stand at a concert...in fact, at a concert at Mandalay Bay Beach last August...someone asked us to sit down...I started to get a bit pissy with the guy until I turned around and discovered we were the only 2 standing. HA!

I'm gonna just buy the floor GA tickets for Zac Brown. BTW: I you like musicians and good music - you'll love Zac Brown. They are a superb band and are fantastic live.

Anyone know how many people The Joint holds for a concert?

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a little over 4,000???

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4000 people

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's crazy. If you want to sit and listen to music just buy a DVD of the band performing and stay home, that's my opinion anyway :)

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats not true theres plenty sit down music and theater thats enjoy able.

to each there own

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well sure, a musical play, classical music. But to sit and complain during a rock concert, no way :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.