1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any New Car Codes?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KazooTom, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already have a confirmed rental from Alamo for our dates (12/26-12/30) at a reasonable price. In the past I have always continued to check and normally found rates declining as our dates got closer. This time the current rates for the same rental are $150 to $220 higher than my confirmed rental. Today the site would not accept the discount codes I had previously used (Costco ID 7015309, coupon AD2338FDF). Also tried 7015000 with coupon AD7779SDW with the same result that coupon was no longer accepted at that location, LAS.

I am hoping someone may be able to provide some newer discount codes to try.

2. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

I had the same problem yesterday with Alamo. Even using the deal code from the Insider site. Mayhaps limited availability on those dates? I'm picking up at 1 am on the 25th, there till the 3rd. The lowest I could get was around $300. I've never paid more than $175. in the past for 10 days. Good thing I locked in at that rate.

3. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be it's going to be more crowded than I thought it would be. I thought immediately after Christmas would be a slow time, at least until NYE. We are confirmed for 5 days at a total of $142 including all taxes and fees. I was hoping to find it reduced further as we got closer to our date, as been the norm in the past. Instead of going lower the price is now up in the $300 range. Glad I jumped when we did.

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Advantage today. I just cut my rental cost for January by 40% over Alamo.

5. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nickle, Thanks for the tip. I just tried Advantage and it came back exactly $135 MORE than my current Alamo reservation. In fact their base rate before fees and taxes is more than my rate at Alamo. I'll keep trying, but it appears the rate I got with Alamo may be the best we can do.

6. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally what I do is go to Priceline or Hotwire and search there. I will note the best price and then go directly to that company's web site. I then book and go find some discount codes online, check regularly for better rates and modify the reservation as neccessary up until the time of the trip. Best price I got last trip to Vegas was with Budget for $93 total including taxes/fees for 4 days. I used the Allstate Motor Club code and also got a free upgrade to a larger size. By the way they don't even ask for proof that you belong to any clubs.

Check this thread for some leads on discount codes
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99358

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.