1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan 8/28-8/29

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AceTen, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Whoops, meant 8/29-8/30! Just booked a flight to head to Vegas tomorrow. Yes, last minute... but that normally means extra fun! Fiancé told me I could pick any restaurant I wanted for a date night, I picked one in Vegas. Trip details to start tomorrow! I feel a visit to the Talon Room coming...

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck,

gambling in the talon room is a little weird for me. too quiet!

I really like "E" if you haven't been there in cosmo for a special meal.
    Its great if you are a "foodie"

Fk

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ace,
    Forgot to tell you, the drink is the "seven year itch"I think
    The talon speciality.

4. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know... can you give me a hint as to what's in it?

5. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, here we go: Couldn't sleep much last night, too excited. Woke up this morning, got some work done, but I've pretty much spent all my time thinking about what I want to do when I land. The plan at this point is: Land, limo to cosmo, check in, leave fiancé in room so he can go exercise, hit up the blackjack tables. My LOC was approved, so I'm good to go. Host made us dinner reservations at STK for 8pm, then drinks after at the chandelier bar. I have this awesome red dress to wear! Things never go as planned, but those are my thoughts so far... maybe I'll convince the fiancé to roll the dice for me at craps after cocktails, beginners luck and all...

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where can we find women like you?

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol i am just like this, except I need to find a man like this..

8. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured it was time to end this post....

Landed in vegas and headed straight to the tables, hubby headed off to the gym, and I sat down in the high limit room. Started out at 200/hand, bet progressively, range was in the 500-1k. Not a great start, ran through my 25k LOC in about 2 hours. Left a bit out of sorts you can say.... headed to the room, changed for dinner, and didn't mention a bit to my hubby.

Had a great dinner on the house, yum! Some great wine, wygu beef, and much more. Honestly though, the whole time in the back of my mind going...shit, 25k, now I need to work that back.

After dinner headed to the bar, had a few drinks, then sat down at a table with my 10k I brought from home. 8k in and nothing. Then... the hot streak happened. Started off betting my normal 200-500/hand. Ended up playing 3k per hand, two handed, for about 4 hours. Made great friends at the table (was still playing at a 25 min table), pit boss asked me multiple times if I wanted to make it a private table, but I was having too much fun to kick the other guys off. At one point my hubby had 50k in his pocket, and I had 30k in my purse. Went to the HL cage to pay off my markers, but there was a line, so I went back to the table. Not the smartest choice. Should have just waited. Hubby didn't know until the next morning at the cage that I was 25k in the hole. It didn't go so well...

Stayed up wayyyyy too late, but at the end of it all was able to pay off my markers the next morning, and walk away with the original 10k I showed up with. Still wrapping my mind around the fact that I wagered over 1m in one day. Not sure how my next trip will go, but I guess I'll find that out in February. Probably need to start monitoring my gambling a bit closer, but I'd never debate that I'm a degenerate, so there's that.

Till next time...

9. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol went from fiance to hubby? did ya get married there? lol

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

So you went from $25k down to something like $70k-$80k up and then left even? That is an awesome and crazy swing. Heck just to be able to start at $200/hand to playing two hands at $3k each for hours on end with that bankroll is a huge achievement.

You ma'am are a beast! I can't believe you're a chick! :poke:

11. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you :) Yes, I went from 25k down, to 80k up. It was bonkers. That's how I normally play though, big swings. In May I was at MB and went from 10k down, to 45k up in 30 min (one really good shoe). I walked away to catch my flight 45k up, it was great.

I guess you can say I enjoy the rush... and I'm willing to take the risk to get there.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow insane swing for sure, 1m in bets in a night is crazy!!!

13. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ↑↑↑$$$$:)

14. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was also meant to say what KC said!!! Nice comeback but i wouldve left with their money after that comeback. Ive done it many times but only down 15-20k and got it all back to be up 5-10k since i was scared to give it back while i was running well.

15. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had left after the comeback, but I was drunk, and surprise surprise I didn't leave. Oh well, always next time :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.