1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Years Day Vegas Traffic?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by msujen12, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So DH and I will be in Vegas from 12/29-1/2. Our beloved Michigan State Spartans are going to the Rose Bowl and since we were lucky enough to score tickets (through a former Stanford football player), we will be heading to the game on 1/1. Game time is 1:30 and the drive should take about 3:45 on a normal day. However, just wondering if anyone has any background on New Years day traffic in Vegas (or the trip to Pasadena?). We plan on leaving around 6am which should give us 7 hours to get there and get settled, but we want to make sure we make it in time!

Any info is appreciated.

-JEN

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

6am in NY Day?

I say it'll be a ghost town until you get near the Rose Bowl

Probably a lonesome highway all the way to Bartow or Apple Valley, then once you cross the pass into San Bernardino, it'll pick up, busy-wise

3. jackincols

jackincols Guest

This is just a guess on my part, but I'd think the time it takes to get from Vegas to within 25 miles of the Rose Bowl would be a piece of cake on NY Day. From 25 miles out to any parking at/near the Rose Bowl......pack your lunch.

4. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha...I thought 6am was a little early given the debauchery that will be Vegas on NYE, but since DH will do the driving, I told him we can leave whenever he wants :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.