1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wait times for buffets

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Sam in Ut, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just finished an interesting trip report written by a poster from the Netherlands. She stated during her trip the wait times for the Bachanal and Wicked Spoon buffets were six and three hours respectively!! Have others experienced similar wait times? My next trip had both buffets planned but forget that if those wait times are the norm. (Just curious, how many miles long is the line for a 6 hour wait?)

2. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn no buffet is worth a 6 hour wait! I was there last month and went to both listed. Went to Caesars around 330 right when dinner started and waited about 10 minutes which was the platinum line. Went to Wicked Spoon on a Saturday for brunch around 11-1130am and waited about 30 minutes to pay then about another 30 minutes to be seated. Longest I've ever waited for a buffet there.

3. AZYankee

AZYankee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there the week before Halloween. That Sunday night we walked right in to the Wicked Spoon with no lines at all. The next night at Caesars less than 2 minutes.

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The poster was trying to eat at these buffets on THANKSGIVING DAY. I've been in Vegas during Thanksgving and it seems nobody in Vegas cooks at home on that day. I stayed at the Rio and the buffet line was insane; never saw anything like that before...same with the buffet at Paris....HUGE lines. I talked to a server at the M Resort a couple of days later and their wait time was 3 hours. No buffet is worth a 6 hour wait. I'm sure the poster would have found much shorter lines any other day.

5. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did lunch at bacchanal last year (October) on a Sunday for lunch. Wait was about 2 hours.

We did wicked spoon in march for lunch (probably a Saturday) and it was 30-45min. We went pretty prime time though, like 12-1pm timeframe.

I personally preferred bacchanal.

6. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last Christmas day at Wynn we went to the Country Club, so wandered past the buffet line on our way. Unbelievably long - the people in line on our way to a long leisurely lunch would still have been in line when we staggered back. I have no idea why anyone would wait 3 hours plus - just not worth it.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Bacchanal on a Friday for lunch, got there around noon, no line. No line when we left about 1:30.

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest i ever waited was 2 1/2 hours it was at PH on thanksgiving night

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yeah that must have been on Thanksgiving.

We went to Bacchanal on Thursday and luckily we got right in with no wait in the diamond line. They told us the regular line was about 3 hours and it looked like it. Even the platinum/express pass line was over an hour. This was early too, at like 4pm.

A dealer at Bellagio told me their buffet line reached 6 hours at its peak.

I spoke with someone inside Bacchanal who waited 3 hours and she told me it sucked but it was worth it. I was thinking WTF? How could any buffet be worth even close to that much waiting time?? To each their own though.

I would have been extra disappointed if we had to wait at all since I didn't even think it was worth it without the wait. Bacchanal may be better than most, but like any buffet it's bigger on volume and variety than it is on quality.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont care if there is a $100 bill attached to the seat, no way am i waiting for that.

11. teachani

teachani Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Last Trip

This past July I purchased the Groupon for Paris' buffet. The day we wanted to use it, we got in line at 2pm, and the line did not move. The estimated wait for where we were in line was 3+ hours. We got out of the line and decided to return the next day. The next day at 12:00, we did wait 1.5 hours. That felt long, I couldn't imagine anything longer.

While waiting the 1.5 hours, we played a game where we counted how many people were walking and texting/talking on their cell phone (and not paying attention to where they were going). We got up over 100 by the time we couldn't see general population anymore.

I think the lined up crowds had to do with the popularity of the Groupon, and the 24 hour buffet pass that people in line had.

This experience turned me off buying Groupons for Vegas. The savings was not worth my time.

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it a bit hard to believe that there was a 6 hr wait for a buffet. Aint NO BUFFET is worth it ( unless it was FREE and then I would pay someone to wait in line and call and give me updates) .

13. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did bellagio tonite at 5sharp, I was the only person in line and waited about 15seconds, when I left there was about 15 people in line.

14. shanecrow99

shanecrow99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you happen to go to the Bellagio Buffet here is a tip: If there is an open seat at the bar you can bypass the entire line and eat at the bar. Just walk straight up to the seating hostess and tell them you want a seat at the bar. Easy peezy.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ceasars unless u have status you are wating,ive seen it when its been sold out unless its totaly dead in vegas and you go on an off time .yes it could be that crazy there,

wicked spoon should be easy

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  16. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

17. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars buffet sign showed 7 Stars / Diamond entrance...only. Platinum was included in the other line. We saw about 10-12 people in the 7Star/Diamond line and the other must have had more than 100 people in it and this was about 5pm on a weekday. I love being Diamond for several reasons but quick entrance into LV restaurants is a perk that pays off. Once we went to HHAGG and the wait area was packed all the way back to the escalator....we were seated as soon as we got to the Diamond counter.
    We would definitely go somewhere else rather than stand in a long line since hubby's health does not allow him to stand very long.....just cannot imagine a 6 hour wait for anything. WOW!!

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

19. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true,done it myself. But for whatever reason I didn't enjoy sitting at the bar eating-don't know why. I was by myself last pm and considered doing this if the line was long. Fortunately I didn't have to make the choice

20. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks sybgal for finally setting this straight regarding Caesars preferred lines. Many posters report in their trip reports the advantages of being Platinum, probably true at other CET properties but evidently not
    at Caesars Palace.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.