1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Choice for Friday night buffet (mid-strip) for group of 25-30?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by seviay, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to keep it under $50/person (and preferably closer to $40pp), including drinks, 20-21% gratuity, tax, etc., so that eliminates a few buffets. Also, trying to keep it in the middle of the strip, if possible, so that eliminates anything north of Wynncore and eliminates MGM, MB, etc.

Any thoughts? Currently thinking Paris may be our best bet...

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Cravings buffet at Mirage in July right around $40 all in but not including alcohol. Separate bill on that part.

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    + 1 for the Paris buffet (I can personally say it was VERY good when I was there), but some on here RAVE about the buffet at PHo!

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, KPS. Since I'm not the one paying, I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible without sacrificing too much quality-wise. How would you compare the Mirage buffet to other strip buffets in terms of quality and selection?

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    25-30 people on a Friday nite could cause a seating issue.....all buffets are pretty busy that nite. Paris is not a huge buffet but offers dishes a little different that some. Anywhere you go you could have people seated in many different areas. May need to think of the larger buffets.....

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Make sure to make reservations for a group of that size. Some of the buffets take reservations specifically for large groups. Paris buffet is even on OpenTable. I think it's the only buffet on there. But OpenTable limits you to 20 people so I would make the reservation for 20 on there, add a note in the comments, and then just call them to increase the number of guests.

Their buffet dining room has some little rooms off to the side and IIRC when we were there they did have a large group in one of them. I would ask them about one of those rooms.

7. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you can ask ahead and reserve one of the rooms to the side. I think they hold about 40 to 50 people.

OOPS. Didn't see the post from KickinChicken stating about the same thing as me.

8. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all buffets require you to make a reservation for a group of our size, especially on a weekend evening. Paris charges anywhere from (IIRC) $150 and up for the "private" rooms. I think the size we would need is in the $300-350 range, so it may make it a lot more expensive than we anticipated.

Thanks for all the info/tips, guys:thumbsup:

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Initially, I thought Paris to be a poor choice because it is generally crowded and lacks the space of other Strip buffets. On second thought though, they have a separate room in the back that seats at least 25-30, if not more. That would be a perfect for your group and would allow some intimacy.
    Maybe call Paris and ask if X of tables could be set aside for your group.

10. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chef, from the sound of things, they won't seat a party that size (at least on a Friday night) unless you specifically reserve a room

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sevjay I have only gone to Harrahs and Planet Hollywoods buffets when I did the buffet 24 hour pass to compare against. Personally I would go PH, Mirage, Harrahs.

I'm pretty simple when it comes to buffets, variety and cleanliness and didn't have any complaints.

12. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Harrah's for my daughters 21st birthday celebration in June of 2012. This was a Saturday night with around 20 people. It was appx $45 each and that included the separate room and alcoholic beverages for everyone. (they didn't charge anything extra for the room there) They were very accommodating and set up the space for us and had an extra table at my request. Do note, reserving with a group will require you add on alcoholic beverages which will add around $10 to the overall price/person. The actual cost of the buffet is more when reserving a group than the advertised walk in price.

If you go to Harrah's website, they have a number you can call to speak with a rep who will set it all up for you. Pre-payment is required, but its nice to have it all planned and set in stone. You also don't have to wait in line to get in, they seat you through the special check in.

The food there was great and it appealed to the wide variety of people in our party. Really yummy dessert and some of the best meat dishes I have ever had. Not high end, but VERY good quality.

13. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not in your ideal location but Mandalay Bay (can take the tram from Excalibur) is like $30 for dinner and has a great selection and good seafood. Plus you champagne, wine, and beer is included.

14. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey-oooo, just got word from the benefactors of our little adventure that we're bumping up the budget to $65-75/person, including tax + tip.

With that new breathing room, do we go with Wicked Spoon, Bellagio Buffet, or a non-buffet choice such as Joe's, Mon Ami, American Fish, etc.? Note, we will be doing an Italian dinner the following night, so all Italian fare is out

15. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm....if you are paying for it, I might would narrow it down to wherever you have a players club card and then charge it to your room.

I think Wicked Spoon is a good choice as far as overall appeal goes. We thought Aria buffet was really good but I'm not sure they'd have the space for everyone.

I'm putting together a dinner for about 15 - 20 people and I think we've settled on Javiers. I'll be watching this thread to see what you end up with.

16. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea how much a $2.5-3k meal might translate over into comps or points at Cosmo or the MGM properties?

17. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Properties are 25 points per $1. So at $2500 that's about 60K points. Cosmo looks like it is $5 for every $100 spent.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.