1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas need a few answers please

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by buckeyetodd, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    going to vegas in mid January. have about 260k points to use. have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

1-i see that, for example, a lunch buffet might be 10,000 points but if you want two buffets, it might be 100,000 points. can I buy two individuals and let my travel companion use one or do I have to buy the two buffets for that to work?

2-when I choose a reward, do I print something off here at home or do I take some sort of voucher to the property where the reward is?

any tips anyone could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    todd

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot buy another for someone else. For one thing, most rewards are limited to one per person, and for another thing, even if they allowed it, you'd be using two of your three allotted rewards on a buffet. Are you aware you can only use 3 rewards in a 30-day period?

The reward will generate a redemption code. That's what you need, whether you write it down, print it out, or whatever. I typically just take a picture of it with my phone so I won't forget a print-out in the room.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe if you buy the "2 for 100,00" you can share with a companion. That's why the charge is not proportional.

If you buy two regulars you can not share.

4. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the responses. no, I wasn't aware of the 3 rewards in 30 days thing. some trip reports I read it seems people use tons of them, must buy them and save them up.

thanks again
    todd

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's 3 per person, so if you have a couple both playing MyVegas, they can use six, and so on. Also, some people who purchased chip packages quite a while ago were grandfathered in to use more than 3 rewards as an incentive for buying the chips.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yea 3 for 30 days and you can only buy ONE of each reward (except some of the rooms they allow up to 3).

If you have friends or family playing too they can also redeem a ticket or a buffet or whatever and you can use them together.

If I had 260k I'd probably go for the premium show tickets, or a nice room somewhere! It'd be hard to use it up on little things like buffets

7. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    heather, already have my room comped up front from paris so won't need a room. going this trip with my brother and when I am with him it becomes a huge gamble fest and sometimes I forget to eat. thought if I got some buffets and used them for breakfast it would last me about all day. arriving January 11, might look into a show if a headliner is in town.

once again, thanks all for the responses.

todd

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, then maybe just go for the 2 buffets. That isn't so bad. You could do 2 at MGM, 2 at Mandalay Bay, and 2 Lunch at Aria or Bellago. Seems like a good deal! I think these include line passes too if I'm not mistaken.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.