1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Resort fee on room rewards?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by vegasqc, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theres an Aria thread below mentionning they didnt charge the resort fee

On the trip report boards there one from Monte Carlo and resort fee were waived off and they are a couple more i read in the past week and they werent charged either

When i booked my room at MGM they lady clearly mentionend i would have to pay a resort fee of 28$ per night

Is this a common thing for hotels to waive off the resort fee?

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually they will waive all the fees if room is compd

3. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In October, I stayed a night at the MC on a MyVegas comp. They did not charge the resort fee.

In August, My wife and I were in Vegas and stayed two nights at NYNY in a spa suite via MyVegas - no resort fee charged, but we got the reward before the change. On that same trip, my wife's sister meet us in Vegas and stayed at Excal on a MyVegas comp (booked after the change) and was not charged a resort fee.

4. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just spent 3 nights at Aria last weekend through MyVegas.
    We weren't charged anything, other than a bogus mini-bar charge I had to call and get reversed after we returned home.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Mirage for 2 nights at the end of October. 1 night was a MyVegas reward and was NOT charged the fee. The comp for the next night WAS charged a fee. I was told at check-in that this was how it would work, but I expected to pay the resort fee on both nights.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that sucks. I have been prepaying my resort fees on myvegas long before i get to vegas. But when i did not do that, monte carlo did not charge me at check in but circus circus did charge me.

7. 442jay

442jay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria: on phone making reserv they said I had to pay. Upon checking in they said I don 't have to pay. Maybe they just want to get you ready to pay it then waive it at check in or at least reserve the right to charge it till the last minute.

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great hopefully ill get my 2 mgm nights completely free too

9. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

we weren't charged in June at MB. I booked about a month ago at Aria, and was told I would be charged. Will find out on Dec. 28th!

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly. I was told I had to pay it at MGM when booking it, but I was not charged.

11. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked 3 free bonus MyVegas nights at the Mirage for my mother. I was told on phone that she would be charged the resort fee but they didn't. This was recently and well after the resort fee rule change.

12. bsmithy2k

bsmithy2k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from 3 nights at the Monte Carlo (12/14-17) on MyVegas comps. No resort fee for me, although when I made the reservation over the phone, the rep said that there would be a fee. Don't know if it is a front desk decision or where it is coming from, didn't care, I wrote it up as a win as I fully expected to pay.

13. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had two comped nights at Aria and one at Mirage in November through myvegas. Wasn't charged a resort fee at either yet was charged for the room at both hotels! $218 from Aria and $157 for Mirage. I had to call front desk both times to have it taken care of. It was a bit annoying but for a free room can't complain too much. Has this happened to anyone before?

14. mcmann14

mcmann14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed 2 nights at the Mirage on Wednesday and Thursday, both comp'd, and was not charged a resort fee.

15. WWGB

WWGB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent 2 MyVegas nights at MGM Grand last week and was not charged the resort fee.

16. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted, this was in September, but I stayed 2 nights at Mandalay Bay and 2 nights at Aria and wasn't charged resort fees at either place. The phone operator who took my order told me I would be paying at both places, but neither charged me, even Aria, which offered me a $60/night upgrade to a Corner Suite.

IMHO, this is a big, YMMV issue. You may get lucky, you may not.

17. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They charged me, the put whatever play towards the balance of my fee. No biggie, I got 3 nights at the Mirage for like $40.

July 19th - July 24th
  18. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They charged me for both nights at MGM

So i told them i wanted to use my express comps to pay a part of it ( ihad like 7-8 $) so the lady at the front desk called god knows where and once she was done she told me my play got them to wave off the fees

All in All using my vegas for rooms was a pain in the ass, they couldnt link both of my nights, after night one i got an email+ invoice telling me to check out so i go down to the lobby wait in line and get told, " we have you for checking out tomorrow so theres no problem dont worry about that email", get back to my room around 2 pm both keys dont work, had to go back in line and got told that i needed new keys cause i was checked out in the system and night 2 was another reservation

Before getting the fee comped because of my play they had already charged both nights to my credit card and converted it in canadian money while i wanted to pay in cash, so they refunded them to me at a lower exchange rate so i lost on that ( eve if its peanut its just the principle)

Now i get home today i have 2 115$ charge pending on my credit from MGM what a mess guess ill have to call them tomorrow

19. bgrapes

bgrapes Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was charged the resort fee when I redeemed for Mandalay Bay in September. The person on the phone told me when booking that I'd be charged, the guy at the front desk said the same when I checked in, and it was surely on the bill at check out.

Hoping I get lucky on my next Aria visit and they don't charge me...

20. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a free night at Mirage in Dec through myvegas and wasn't charged a resort fee when I checked out.

Ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.