1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

marathoners check in

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by chef, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

When you have recovered from the run, please share what the experience was like. Looked like the weather was phenomenal, unlike the last two years when I did it. Plus, you had a full moon.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were a lot of costumed groups running the race that were also staying at the Aria. I'm going to guess that the Vegas marathon gets more of that then your typical marathon!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 3 sisters and I walked the half. This is not something I normally do, so I was just hoping to finish. We were planning to use the whole 4 hour time limit, so we got started rather close to the back. The start was a clusterf**k. From the start of the race to the actual start line took us 55 minutes. By then I was already kinda tired and wondering how much walking we had done already. By mile 2 or so all of the runners were finally by us and just us walkers were left. It had thinned out and we got to enjoy actually walking on the strip. The DT portion was kind of sketchy. Going down dark streets with a big spotlight half a mile ahead. At one point I busted out the light on my phone so I could see the ground. I was afraid I was going to step in a pothole or something. The cheerers along the way were great. The weather was, indeed, very nice. All in all, it was an accomplishment for me and I'm glad I did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.