1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What would happen?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by broncofn, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would happen if a host booked me a room, food, limo etc at one property and I book an offer for the same dates at another property under the same corporation? And why am I still able to do this?

2. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I tried this at an MGM property I had to cancel the first reservation before booking the 2nd? What "corporation" was this?

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was an mgm property. Im set up already thru a host at one property. But apparently i can still book an offer with another property on mlife. Not sure why that is or what would happen to my reservation.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Btw, I haven't tried booking the offer online. Just found it kind of weird.

5. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a corporate offer over the phone at aria for December and it doesn't complain when I try to book the same dates online ( never tried booking). When I called to book on the phone originally, they did are I had a bellagio reservation already (which i wanted to cancel and switch to aria).

Their system is probably just different from CET where you can't even see prices/comps if you have a reservation alreaey

6. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can book a comped offer and then book additional rooms at the special tier (Gold, Platinum, Noir) rate.

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked comp already with 150 per day food/bev credit and limo. On mlife I can still book an offer online but haven't tried but it is showing comp.

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Online, it is the winter offer which is almost the same thing but with less f&b but at a different hotel.

9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this before to get a free room for a friend.

host did not care as long as you play "enough" at their property.

I low played the other hotel, but its not a place I would stay regularly, so I never kept track if my offers changed or not.

mlife.com seems to be a seperate entity from the host. host can offer you what you "deserve" and usually wont even look at your offers.

I have been advised to not "double" book at the same property. It will probably strain the relationship with the host if you do not play enough for both offers.

fk

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can SEE the offer, but not sure you can actually book it. I would guess it would bounce, either during the final booking process, or sometime between now and arrival.

I am pretty sure it will be caught.

11. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you even are able to book the second offer, your host at Aria could see it in the system if he or she looked. This may not sit well with your host if he/she is comping you already.

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I wasn't going to try to book it but was just wondering what would happen or if a person could actually book an offer at another resort under mgm.

13. MarcRV

MarcRV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hosts reservation systems aren't always connected with the company players club systems. Some hosts I've dealt with have issues and others don't seem to care. Ultimately if you spend enough no host will care. lol.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.