1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beef Wellington?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Erich17, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping while in Vegas to find some beef wellington. I have never had it and it looks incredible. Where can I find a good one that is not $150 per person. Is that possible?

2. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time in Vegas I actually had beef wellington at the Eiffel Tower restaurant and it was fantastic. It was definitely expensive, so it might not fit your needs in that regard but it was absolutely delicious.

I also believe that the Bellagio buffet has it, might be weekends only though, i'm sure somebody will know

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I can't speak firsthand to the quality of it (I don't eat beef), the Gordon Ramsay Steakhouse definitely has it on the menu; it's one of his signature dishes. Looks like it's around $50 per person.

4. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I was sure a lot of steak houses have it but I want to try it and I want it to be good. Maybe a Thanksgiving day dinner.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A well-to-do friend that eats high end much of the time - ate Beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsey @ Paris and said it was excellent. It is one of her fav dishes.

6. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you just want to try it (and not necessarily the best version of it), I've seen it at the carving station at the Bellagio buffet for weekend dinners before.

7. Saaz

Saaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsay Steak would be a good choice. My sister in law eats Wellington every time she's in Vegas. She had it at Eifel Tower, Aureole, and others. Gordon Ramsay would fit your needs and is a top of the line place. I have had one of my best dining experiences there. Top notch!

8. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was begrudgingly dragged to eat at Ramsays place in Paris, and tried the Wellington someone else ordered. It was phenomenal, as was everything else. I was feeling pretty stupid for assuming the food wouldn't be great.

9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had it both at Ramsay and Eiffel Tower restaurants. The Eiffel Tower version is made like a turnover, i.e.. completely enclosed dough. Ramsay is just rapped around the filet. I liked it much better at Ramsay, it. was perfectly cooked. Eiffel Tower version on the other hand was unevenly cooked some was more done than other? The best version I ever had, though I'm far from an expert. was not in Vegas, it was at Fraunces Tavern in lower Manhattan.

10. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I have never personally had it, I have heard from exactly two people that the G Ramsay place at Paris has the "Best Beef Wellington in the Country"!

11. Garmy

Garmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over the years I have ordered Beef Wellington many times. I have even prepared it a few times. This is my favorite dish and the one I use to rate any place that offers it. While the GR is nice the Wellington is far from traditional. The Eiffel Tower had a more traditional and IMO better version plus the view can't be beat.

12. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered it at Gordon Ramsay Steak last month. Right away the waiter told me it would be 45 minutes after ordering it for it to be done. I ordered it anyway and it was totally worth the wait. Melts in your mouth delicious.

13. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too have dined on the Wellington at Ramsay Steak....very fine!

14. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was pretty good at the Bellagio buffet. I think they only have it Friday/Saturday and maybe Sunday.. Never seen it at any other buffet. Not even the Wynn.

15. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be having this at Gordon Ramsey steak if we make it here. To be honest, it's his signature dish, meaning it's highly likely to be the best Wellington on the strip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.