1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mix Lounge

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by CDx24, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDx24

CDx24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would any of you recommend Mix Lounge? I have read reviews that vary from amazing to run down and not worth the money so looking for some more options.

Also anyone who has a fear of heights how did you find the elevator ride up?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mix is one of our favorite spots. Its not run down at all and it offers the best of views in Las Vegas. The drink prices are reasonable and crowd is a good mix of all ages and always has a laid back fun vibe. We have made a tradition of hanging at Mix on our final night of vac and just staring out over the strip and talking about the trip.

There is nothing to fear about the elevator, its not a scary ride at all.

3. CDx24

CDx24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, the view does look spectacular and I think it will be worth it but just remember freaking out while walking across the balcony at the Ghost bar because of my height issues but once seated and settled I loved it - is it an all glass elevator on the outside of the building or is there an alternative way of getting to the lounge?

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its glass, Its 64 floors up if I recall correctly. I am not sure of alternative routes, prob are. All you have to do is face inward if you do not enjoy the ride up and its just a normal elevator ride.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool place. If you can sit outside even better. Fantastic view and reasonable drink prices.

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Close your eyes. :)

The elevator is glass and it's a long ride.

From my limited experience Mixx has a great view and could be cool to hang out at, but the "tired" comments come from comparing it to Tao or any of the other happening clubs. When I was there the dance floor (which is very very small) was closer to Cleopatra's Barge than XS.

It could be perfect for what you're looking for. It just depends on your taste. Maybe it's different on certain nights. Mandalay feel off the map in terms of clubs many years ago (anyone here remember when Rum Jungle was the hot club? :beer: )

7. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been several years, but I would say go for the view. Just great.

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are going to eat, or to the lounge?

9. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of going here for our first drink of our stay. All three of us are Vegas virgins and by time we are checked in and changed after a long flight from UK it will be about half 4. So stopping in nyny my idea was to head to excal, get the tram to MB and go to mix and look out at the city at sunset and soak in the city we will call home for the next week!

10. jawdad

jawdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best view in town! This is always where we go first after checking in...something about seeing the strip with that view and the whole vacation ahead. Try to go at sunset and watch neon light up as sun goes down. Don't leave without checking out the restrooms.

11. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The View and Ghost Bar at palms are good also

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Is it still free entry for Platinum members? Or is there even a cover in the evening? We'll be at MB for MJ One next week and may go up there for a drink beforehand if we can just pop in for a bit.

13. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I've gone, they've handed out free passes before 10p. I doubt you'll have any trouble.

To the OP, it's a fantastic spot to take in a great view and have some reasonably priced drinks. I like to go up in the late afternoon and watch as the strip lights up. Having a few too many drinks and seeing the neon come alive will really get you excited for whatever your plans are after leaving Mix. Great bar

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.