1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are some low cost apts on the strip?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by user3657, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or close to the strip?

2. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really all depends on what low cost to you means.

My wife and I were looking into moving, quite seriously, for a while and I was pricing a lot of places out.
    When we were in Vegas we went to try to look at some of the high rise, low rent apartments on Desert Inn, one is called Mark II and then the one next to it, I don't remember the name of.

Ultimately we never moved, well as of yet anyway and our plans have changed since then. But I don't think we would have gone for those based on the reviews we've gotten for them.

I don't know your situation, if I were a single man and I was looking to move to Vegas and I wanted to live near the strip I'd probably move in to one of the Siegel Suites for a while. I think it's like 800 a month, and it's hotel style living, so your electric, cable, internet, etc is included. I had a friend who lived in the one near The STRAT for a while and he was fine with it. I wouldn't want to move in there with my wife though because these places don't always attract the safest clientele, from what I understand, and even though my friend said that he got along fine with the prostitutes and drug dealers who lived near to him...well, I just wouldn't want to leave my wife alone there, you know?

But depending on your situation it might work for you.

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

The apartments around the Palms are pretty good options. My brother has been at Rancho Del Sol for a year, and will likely sign another lease. One bedrooms run about $600 and two bedrooms are $800. No w/d in unit, though. That's the only reason he's considering moving.

Rancho Mirage is across the way. Those are very affordable too.

Not much further, I have a friend that lives in Camden Cove. He's been there for years. It's a little more pricey than Rancho Del Sol.

4. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, I would want something in a decent area and in walking decent to the strip(if its reasonable).

I like Rancho Del Sol and Rancho Mirage but reviews for Rancho Mirage say its invested with roaches and bedbugs. Both seem like they are in walking distance?

Im not sure I can get away with 1br, as I will need a small space for an office. Not sure if I can make it work with 1br.

Casa Del Sol Apartments and Valley Vista Apartments look good too. Are they in good areas/close to the strip?

What about getting packages? UPS is here everyday, do packages get left at the door or at the front desk?

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is your price range and how many bedrooms and i can advise .i live on strip and spent 3 months looking at places so i can give you good suggestions

a unfurnished one bedroom strip will cost around 1250 and and a 2 bedroom strip will cost around 1750.
    no these are real nice places. doorman ,health club , driver, and much more.

most want 6 months some will only do a year lease.

these are all strip walk able.

the palms place i found to expensive same with mgm signiture as condo rentals,.

if you give me more details i can help you

8. R8erhed

R8erhed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you give me a few examples to look at while in town? Likely I will end up with an 1br unfurnished, but would like to find furnished 'all in' package.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    belive it or not there really wasnt a big diffrence in furnished or unfurnished in the price.i was shocked.

what type of budget are you looking at .

as i said a strip or near strip in a high rise full service condo will be around 1250.00

you cant just look at places you will need a broker but you can go to to the buildings to see if you want to live that nieghboorhood.
    atleast you can eliminate places that way. but you still need to figure out what you want to spend

10. R8erhed

R8erhed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I hoped to top out around 1k but realize I may have to reach cause I need a place I can leave for long periods and not have to chase bills around.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your looking for a high rise strip property its will cost you around a 1250 for a 1 beedroom.

some buildings have free tv and internet so that helps in bills

you can do a search and see whats out there.rember you dont pay a broker fee but probaly will have to pay for credit report and backround check thru the owner of the apart.

of course there are cheaper options.im talking 5 star top line apts in vegas.as i said i spent a long time reasearching one and 2 bedrooms furnished and unfurnished before i took my place.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im not endorsing this guy in fact he wasnt my broker but it will give you an idea of whats out there and prices for rentals,now these are high end rentals.
    i was able to nock off 150$ a month when i took my apartment so theres some give and take.

http://www.mylvcondosales.com/las-vegas-strip-area-condos/trump-towers-las-vegas/

hopefuly it was okay to post this link if not sorry

but you have to do some leg work and suggest going to see the biuldings first so you can eleminate what might not work for you

13. R8erhed

R8erhed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks much paperposter very kind of you

14. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Both are walking distance. Can't comment on Rancho Mirage. My brother looked at them but liked Rancho Del Sol quite a bit better. They have a pest company that will spray upon request for no additional cost. He hasn't had any issue.

Room sizes at Rancho Del Sol are quite large, small galley kitchen in the 1 bedroom. He has a desk and cal king bed in his room. If it comes down to serious interest, PM me, there are referral bonuses.

Packages are left in the leasing office. That's the norm at most apts here.

I wasn't familiar with Valley Vista, googling it shows it on the far east side. It would certainly not be walkable. Not sure about the neighborhood, but there are undesirable areas nearby. Casa Del Sol is behind the Trader Joe's on Decatur at Sahara. The walk while possible isn't really practical. The area is older and pretty depressed. Lots of businesses have closed in recent years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.