1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Prayer For Us Please

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RedRiverRose, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month my husband and I came to Vegas for two weeks at PH. He was injured last year in a horrific motorcycle accident so he has one leg now. While we were at PH he fell off the bed during the night and hurt his hip on his remaining but still injured leg. Security helped me get him back into the bed. He refused to go to the doctor in Vegas so we continued our stay for approximately 5 days. He spent all day every day on Pai Gow so he wasn't putting any weight on it. We thought it may have been bruising inside and inflammation.

Upon return home I finally got him to go to his doctor who had x-rays done and said so much damage was present from the initial accident he could not see anything new or broken. After many calls and several weeks I was able to get him into an ortho doctor who also said he couldn't see enough on the x-ray and ordered a CT Scan yesterday. About three hours later his office called and said be in his office on Monday and he would be doing surgery on Tuesday. Of course the doctor did not call, someone from his office called so they could not answer any questions but did confirm that his hip is broken in and amongst all the metal he has in there.

Long story short we don't know what to expect but based on his previous ten month hospital stay last year there were some huge issues (MRSA; C-diff; trachea; cathether; blood clots, etc). The quick unexplained surgery has me greatly concerned but I am trying to stay positive for him.

I do know that along with medicine, prayer works (probably better than medicine) so I am asking those of you who pray to please add us to your prayers for a good surgery outcome.

Our trip for mid January to Vegas is paid for and I hope and pray that he will still be with me and able to come. Some of our best times have been in Vegas and we so look forward to returning in January.

Thanks for your prayers.

2. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got it. I am so sorry you are both going through this. I say both, because as challenging as it is for him, I know it is hard on you as well. I appreciated your sharing your trip report with us and pray you'll have many more when this latest challenge is over.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto for me.
    I hope all goes well and Table Mover returns to Vegas!
    Praying,
    Tye

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember your trip report Rose and how much I admired the determination you both have to enjoy your lives. I had hoped that your husband would be healed from any issues he had from his fall while in LV. So sorry to hear that is not the case and surgery is in his immediate future. I will be thinking of you on Monday & Tuesday.....wishing for only good things. If you don't mind having his name listed on here....could you please provide his 1st name and I will send it to several prayer groups so we can add him to the list. (I have several former employees who are ministers in different parts of the country and they will be happy to pray for him) Hugs to you both.

5. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prayer sent. Hang in there!

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    God bless the poor guy

I said one for him,best of luck.

7. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband. Please keep us posted.

8. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's praying for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!

9. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His name is Pat. We are grateful for your help. Prayer helps. It certainly help us this past year.

Thank you.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm praying for both of you right now.

11. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RRR: So sorry to hear about Pat's continuing problems since his fall in Vegas. I'll be thinking and praying for you both in the coming days. :angel:

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember your report. So sorry that Pat has surgery to face now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

13. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember your report vaguely. You both will be in my thoughts. Please update us after the surgery.

I hope you do not have to cancel your January trip and that you both will be able to go and enjoy it.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember your Trip Report and felt inspired by how both of you were able to enjoy yourselves despite Pat's physical limitations.

My prayers go out to both of you. I sincerely hope things come out for the better and that you and Pat will be looking forward to your Vegas trip in January.

Keep the faith.

15. fabriano

fabriano Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rose,
    I remember your report, too. My prayers are with you & especially, Pat. Please take care & keep in touch.

16. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your support. I spend a lot of time on the board reading posts and I consider board members as friends. Pat and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I am very anxious and worried so scanning the posts has taken my mind off our problems at least for a while. I have even been able to laugh a couple of times this weekend.

Thank you to all.

17. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry for your troubles Rose. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Pat.

18. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RRR, please know I have prayed for your husband's complete healing. And for your strength and comfort as well during this time.

19. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prayers sent along with wishes for a speedy recovery ! Going through what he went before he seems like a fighter so I have no doubts he will lick this as well. Keep your chin up and between the two of you during recovery, you can discuss the many fun memories you had in vegas along with all your future plans you are looking forward to , so as to keep both your spirits up and use it as a carrot for Pat to follow all the therapy and recuperation he will need.

God Bless.

20. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is extremely tough to hear, God Bless you guys I hope things get better soon.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.