1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New and old buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jbee, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

As it worked out, about three weeks ago we had the Mirage buffet. It was good but we were not impressed. Used two 'My Vegas', and bought one. Was expensive. We were charged for a holiday weekend. NOT ONE. They would not retreat from that.
    This weekend we had the 'M' Studio Buffet comped. It was NOT as good as in the past. The prime rib was tough and when we told the carver that we wanted med rare, he seemed offended of that statement. What we received was med and tough! Later as we were going out, the meat looked more like it should. Other things were not as good as in the past. 'M' has gone down. Did see groups with adults and kids. (not comped) Maybe 8 total. How can anyone afford that?
    We also had the MGM buffet via 'My vegas'. We were very impressed. The prime was as it should be and lots of pasta. So far for us, this was the best buffet in recent years. It is not as large as the 'M' but very good for what you get.
    We did have the Mandalay Bay buffet about 6 weeks ago. As we recall it was good, but not having all the things as other buffets have.
    Would go back to all buffets if comped, but MGM so far for us is tops.
    Will try others later.
    On recall, did we go to Vegas this often?
    Would hate to pay real money for any of the the buffets.

2. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive Had Mirage, mandalay, MGM,Aria, Bellagio on recent trips recently

Mirage: We like. the lay out is awesome and i love the pizza. Ice cream scoops are awesome. Would i pay for it ? No... we have only gone through groupon, my vegas, and hotel comps

Mandalay Bay: We like. Its got a southern twist to it. Lots of BBQ to choose from. Layout is a bit confusing. Desserts suck. Would i pay for it ? No... might be good if you dont have extra points to spend.

Aria: We like. The all you can drink for 12.99 is great but service for it is on the slow side. The waitress told me that she has to go to the bar to get the drinks which sucks but she started to bring me 2 at a time. Food is revamped from when it first opened. They have this awesome mini fish and chips basket which ive never seen. Dessert area is killer. Would i pay ? No. You have to try this one though if you can get comped or myvegas points. id pay 12.99 for the all you can drink though.

Bellagio: We like and dont like. This was actually one of my first rewards. Back when 2 lunches where comped. I was stoked and we finally tried a high end buffet. Delicious all around. Plenty of options from different types of food. 2nd trip i dunno it might have been too much too soon but we didn't enjoy it as much and we actually said we wouldn't go back anytime soon. Would we pay ? HELL NO... over priced just because its at the Bellagio $90 bucks gets 2 people in lol. If you can catch it on Myvegas by all means try it.

MGM tried it once and let me tell you... i agree its the best. Smaller but they definitely picked the better foods to serve. Prime rib and tri tip is my favorite. Thats all i ate... and catfish. One of the few that actually serve real soft serve, Its milky as opposed to almost every other buffet that has it watery. Would we pay ? Hell YES. Myvegas or comped you cant go wrong with the MGM buffet

3. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal at Caesars: Worth every penny. Around $53 all in for a person at dinner time, and well worth the money. Had basically avoided vegas buffets until my last trip, and I will be making another stop there on our trip in December.

4. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to say, I also really enjoyed the bacchanal buffet despite the hefty price tag. I literally finished everything I tried and wished I had room to try more. However, I did expect it to be bigger than it was, but even still, I couldn't try everything.

5. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im a buffet gal. Love to have some of this and some of that. I like options,thats why buffets work for me.
    I really liked Caesar's Bacchanal...the food was great,but the waiting was annoying. Wait in line to pay...wait to be seated, then wait even more to get through the seafood line. It was a one time try for me,it is expensive. But I was not disappointed. On the same viset I tried Flamingos dinner buffet...OMG! Nasty is all I can say. Thank god they offered free drinks (not alcohol ) I filled up on 4 glasses of tomato juice.
    MGM...I left that buffet hungry.I ate there years ago and was so excited to try it again...Man what a let down. I enjoyed CC buffet even more. Nothing fancy,but I wasn't hungry when I left.
    I have tried many buffets on the strip. Seafood is what I'm looking for. Back home the best place for me to get seafood is Red Lobster if that tells you anything. So now Im on the look out for a buffet that has a good seafood selection. I have tried the Rio one and didn't have any issues with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.