1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Red Rock ?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by KazooTom, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a standard king room confirmed for our trip out in late December. Happened on a great deal and have never stayed there before. We have been to the property many times to gamble, but have never stayed in the hotel. We have three nights comped and a fourth night at $80.

I am wondering if any of you can advise what we can expect, and if there has been any success getting room upgrades at check in?

2. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually charge for an upgrade, but I have read of it happening occasionally. Standard rooms are great though. Walls are a little thin, but never had big issues. Try and get a Canyon View, views of the canyon are nice, but they also overlook the beautiful pool. The strip side view is nothing special.

The pool is one of the biggest reasons to stay there IMHO, and that probably wont be first on you list in December. Love the hotel though! I have a couple 241 buffets for RR I won't be using, if you are a coupon trader and would like them let me know!

3. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevada Kid,

Thanks for the offer. Those 2-4-1's are always good to have. I only have my current copy of the LVA MRB. We didn't think we would make it out this year, but this opportunity came up. I really don't have anything to trade, never did buy the ACG this year as we hadn't made any plans to go. Due to family issues and the death of our 37 yr old son, we haven't been out there for 2 years. We are now being parents to our soon to be 14 yr old grandson. It keeps us a bit tied down now. We are hoping our few days at Red Rock will be a great get-a-way for us.

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We have been staying at RR since it opened and have never asked for nor received an upgrade. We are very happy with the standard rooms and every one we've stayed in has been exactly the same except for the orientation of the bed. You can ask for either a strip view or a mountain (pool) view. We prefer the mountain view b/c you look out over Red Rock Canyon. They have become very stingy with comps. Except for free rooms we never get anything else although we used to get free buffets, point multipliers, some free play, invitations to Super Bowl and July 4th parties, etc. We're not playing any less so I don't know who is getting invited to these things. Locals, I guess, since they "love locals".

5. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the information. We have always liked the property, but this will be our first stay there. I agree that the mountain view is probably nicer than looking down over the strip. The room descriptions look lovely, hope the beds are comfortable.

6. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

No problem there. The beds are heavenly. We'll be there 12/13-12/15 and this offer did come with $100 free play. We were going to stay at GVR but these offers are so rare that we decided to stay at RR instead.

7. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear about the beds. No free play in our offer, but after a 2 year absence I really didn't expect to find any offer available for us. I'll consider the offer the first "win" of the trip.

8. h_upmann

h_upmann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canyon view for me, too (even numbers). Get a high floor as that view overlooks the roof of the sprawling complex also.
    I was in 11128 and would have liked to be a few floors higher. The elevator is at the North end of the hall so high numbered suites are a real hike.

9. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it, thank you. I'll be requesting a high floor near the elevator with canyon view.

10. $vegas

$vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just returned from a stay at the Red Rock. The gambling was great but I have to say the room was just ok. We did have a room on the 19th floor which uses a private elevator which was great but we had a room on the very end with the elevators being at the other end only. A very long walk. Other than that we loved the Red Rock and had a great time.

11. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure we'll also enjoy the Red Rock. We have always enjoyed our visits there in the past. From the members here on the board, we know to ask for a room closer to the elevators. A long walk from the elevator to the room isn't really a big deal for us. I would also suspect that being away from the elevator might make it a bit quieter, eliminating much of the hallway noise with people coming and going. We are not expecting five star opulence in the room, especially for the price we are paying. We are wondering, however, if hanyone has had any success in getting any meaningful upgrades for the asking, or with a $20 tip?

12. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tom... just sent you a PM.

13. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Nevada Kid, I got the message and responded.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.