1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria: 10/23 (5 nights)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BLNT, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just back from third trip to Aria, after 5 previous Bellagio stays.

This just helped to reaffirm my preference for Aria overall. Made the trek (easy tram ride) to Bellagio one evening to play BJ for a bit and was struck by how much more closed in and crowded it felt, not to mention smoky! With five nights of play, coming back from Bellagio one evening was the only time our clothes smelled of cigarettes.

I was saddened to see that the Skybox Bar/Grill near the sports book at Aria has been converted to a pizza place... I really enjoyed the wings and burgers that were there previously. Definite downgrade, options wise, in my opinion.

Love the overall modern feel of Aria hands down over the (becoming dated) feel of Bellagio.

Gaming wise... lost nearly every session, going through a few thousand in cash and over 2/3 of my low 5 figure credit line. Totaled close to 15 hours of play at about $300 hand... earning a whole $100 or so in EC's and 75,000 TC's (sound about right)? I think I may have shown about $3,000 less of a loss that I actually had, as about two hours into my play on the last night the new pit supervisor (that came in about 30 minutes prior) came up to me and asked "is your name Mike"? I immediately knew something was up. He said that the previous pit guy (who was moping around SICK) didn't log me in correctly... "but that's OK, I've got you for those two yellow chips". I had already gone through close to $3,000 before I reached in to my pocket to grab those last two chips. The dealer was new as well (new shift), so couldn't really confirm that... Oh well, probably lost a few bucks in EC's too, but who's counting!

As convenient as having a CL was, I think it made it easier to "justify" tapping a little more, then a little more... until I lost much more than I would have liked to. Next trip, I'll only bring the amount of cash that I'm willing to leave behind! ;)

Caught Human Nature at Venetian - a decent show. Now I can say I've seen it, though would not be interested in seeing it again. Also saw Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay and enjoyed that. It's one that I'd consider seeing again (comped tickets to that). Wish that its home turf had been Aria instead of Mandalay Bay. But that's OK, Aria locked in Zarkana :rolleyes: to replace the Elvis show.

Stayed in a Corner Suite and was able to check in/out through the Sky Suites entrance. Much nicer than the "invited guest" line no doubt. The last two trips were in a Sky Suite, so that was a given those times. My play was a bit less/hand recently so I fully understood that a Sky Suite was not in the cards. We did not dine at any special places - lots of room service, a couple trips to Todd English PUB, a visit to both the Aria Cafe and Cafe Bellagio (better cafe than Aria), a dinner at Nine Fine Irishmen. Basically a very casual trip. All the F&B was picked up on the back end.

Had fun, but would have been MORE fun without the big (relative) loss.

Better Luck Next Time

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. trentslori

trentslori Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your report...glad you liked Aria...we're trying it for the first time soon!

3. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll be pleased. Already looking at a return in March !!

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

BLNT how did you like the Corner Suite compared to the Sky Suite? My next trip is in that suite as well while previous was in a sky suite and I thought I read on here that they were the same but looking at the pics online that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also did your host put in the sky suite check in for you? Mine set up limo and I was hoping that meant they'd drop me off at the same sky suite entrance but her email said to go to invited guests line or something.

5. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were on the 56th floor (same room, each trip) with the Sky Suite. Great city view -- well, part of the city at any rate. We were also just a couple of rooms down from the elevator, making for a short walk. With our Corner Suite this go around we were not even on the 10th floor (great view of the roof of Crystals!) and being that it was on a corner... it was a LONG way from the elevators!

There was a mini-fridge for personal use, just like we had in the Sky Suite. The little fridge even had an ice maker - which I don't recall having in the Sky Suite. There was, however, not a sink built into the bar. Each had 1-1/2 baths, though the main bathroom was smaller in the Corner Suite - yet still had the nice heated toilet seat! Same great bed in both rooms.

My host did set up the Sky Suite check-in, which was nice. I was not sure it would actually occur though until we asked the limo driver to verify that when we loaded up at the airport. I did not want any surprises once we arrived!

Perhaps owing to the additional glass (corner, after all) the bedroom seemed to get warm in the daytime unless you had the curtains shut. It was only in the low 80's outside - cooler than when we'd stayed in the Sky Suite, yet the Sky Suite never had any problem staying cool all day as I recall.

Have a BLAST - and win some of that cash I left lying around.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your report. Is MJ One worth the cost?

7. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion, yes. But then again it was comped. Still - I would have paid to see it, as we have many other shows. It's worth seeing at least once!

8. garrisonsmama

garrisonsmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ One is awesome!!! Paid full price to see it in September and well worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.