1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET platinum... there should be 2 tiers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by NickyDim, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since anyone who applies and receives a CET rewards Visa card becomes Platinum, there should be a secondary level where you can only reach by play. Say 10,000 tier points, where some more serious gamblers can receive additional benefits because they gamble enough instead of just having a credit card in their wallet.

Levels separate different Diamond members and benefits. It bothers me that I work hard (not a High Roller) to get anywhere from 8-12K points a year, yet my brother-in-law gets the same for going once a year but is getting a Visa card just to be platinum.

:grrr:

Thoughts?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    platnium really doesnt do much except wave resort fees and some line skipping. basicaly everything comes from your avarage bet ,so its not a big deal.its a perk like free baggage for airline credit cards.

i think the asperation levels are a joke .i made diamond and thats all i care about some free shows , rooms and nite clubs.if they took away the nite club perk notsure i would even care about diamond thats my 2 cents.im local in vegas and cet doesnt realy do much for locals in vegas now if i lived in reno they do take good care but hey nobody lives in reno anymore.

thats whats miss leading about mlif they dont give you nitelife priority even though its listed as a perk.:grrr:

3. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the credit card platinum level only good for one year? I believe it's just to give non CET people at taste of the benefits at platinum and hopefully convert some people over to CET or draw in new gamblers.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup correct

5. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What club benefits are there with Diamond? Never heard of those? Thanks!

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    free entry into there nite clubs

its not a listed perk but the owners and management of the venue take care of diamiond and seven star players

fuinny its listed as a perk of mlife and they dont

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the important thing.

We were platinum for a couple of years and really all being platinum does is:

a) you get to use the platinum check in at the hotel.
    Even though we could use the platinum check in sometimes we still went to the gold line up because it was moving faster (usually only 1 clerk working platinum and 4-6 working gold).

b) buffet line pass.
    This was actually the best thing about being platinum, but depends on how many buffets you do and if the buffet you are going to has a platinum entry line.

c) additional 5% off at stores.
    Being GOLD TR member you automatically get 10% off at select stores, by being platinum you get 15% off.

Just checking the Total Rewards website the only other benefit listed for being platinum that gold doesn't have is the ability to transfer up to 5,000 RCs to another member, twice per year.

And thats it! Room offers and invites are based upon your play history so just being "platinum" doesn't mean you are going to get room discounts or invited to a bunch of free tournaments, those you have to earn.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really see this happening, they have made it very easy to get to diamond with the tier credit bonuses this year.

9. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand why people feel the need to deny somebody else something when the other person's having it doesn't seem to be hurting you any. :rolleyes2:

Have you noticed a reduction in your benefits due to the HUGE "surge" of Platium-by-visa TR folks? Have you had extra long waits in the Platinum check-in line or buffet lines?

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nearly every CET restaurant also offers faster seating to Platinum members. And none had disappeared this year. The only place we encountered where it wasn't offered was in March at Harrahs Café - and they were having a high roller event so that may have led to the sign being changed to D/7S only (it was a 'changeable' sign).

That being said I also wish there was a designation myself - even though I have been treated no differently than I was previously.

Easter again..:
  11. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess what I want is to be treated a little differently. Is that so much to ask for the number of days I'm in their establishments and gaming?

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Not too much to ask at all. Of course any benefit that gives you priority service is diluted by the more people who have it. If everyone had priority boarding on a plane, there would be no such thing as priority. Other than the resort fees the only other real benefit to platinum is the priority service wherever it's available. So if tons of people have it then it loses its usefulness.

But as others have said, it only lasts them a year if they get it with the credit card. They can't re-up it either. I bet the bulk of people who actually wanted the platinum benefit already got the card this year. So you should expect the ranks to thin next year.

13. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most benefits of substance (i.e. room comps or discounts) are based entirely on play and have nothing to do with tier level. Getting a credit card to be platinum did nothing for people in those areas.

14. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just have to disagree. Or maybe I'm lucky, that is why I gamble. My gambling on a 3 day stay in LV is $100 in penny slots at 30/40 cents a pull. Poker room for 8 hours(3/6 or NL). That is my gambling for the 3 days total.
    Since I received the Visa card and became Platinum I have received invites every month for VP and slot tournaments, 3 nights comp room and $50 in free play.
    I went in Oct. (see trip report) to a VP tournament. At ck in they told me because I was Platinum I could have a free upgrade from my basic room. They gave me a new "Jubilee" room (Ballys, 58 floor, nice view).
    My tier score today is 712. Only 4,288 to keep Platinum. LOL. I'm assuming it will go back to zero at the end of the year.
    The invitations started when I recieved the visa card and Platinum.
    Just my 2 cents:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.