1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sim card question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jamesnoon, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all,

Coming to Vegas from UK for a week in November.

Just wanna know if I can easily get a prepaid micro sim. And if I can do that anywhere on or near the strip? Just looking for something with data really for my smartphone.

Cheers.

2. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending where you are staying you might be fine just using the free wifi in the central areas of the hotel.

The only time I looked for a SIM card, the one I found at Bally's was very expensive. Depending on how long and where you are staying it may not be worth the search.

You could check out Telestial. They are based in the UK and you can get a US number. I can't vouch for their quality. Do some searching.

3. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use T mobile with my iPhone. It costs me $60 for a month including unlimited international calls. I use the shop at Flamingo/Maryland Parkway. They have other options too. I think you can get a daily $3 rate on pay as you go if you top up a certain amount.

4. fingersfreddy

fingersfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to tmobile as well and get the 3 dollar a day package for my iphone. I aim from toronto area. Can't call back home with that number, but you can use any number of apps to do that. Text plus, skype, etc.

5. Mednec

Mednec Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the States for a month and I bought 3 prepay phones from the Walmart near the airport. These phones were basic but did the job and cost USD30, they didnt have a sim card and I read somewhere that if you dont use them in a three month period the number is deactivated. I did learn that it is best to ring off before getting to the voice mail as just getting voice mail eats a fair amount of credit. We were also surprised to learn that (unlike the UK) the receiving phone must have credit in order to receive a call even though it doesnt cost anything to receive the call.
    Its funny but we all appreciated having a phone that was small any only needed charging every 10 days.

6. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One option us to go to walmart, get the tmobile to go prepaid phone, you would gave to buy the phone and all, sign up got the $30 (must be bought at Walmart or activated on tmobile.com to get this plan) plan, gives unlimited data. The sim, depending on phone may work in your current device. You could go to one of the carrier stores as we'll to buy one. I'd almost guess the major carriers would have some type of shop at the fashionshow mall on the strip

7. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is your phone unlocked? If not then you wont be able to get a sim form any other than your usu :(al provider to work in it anyway :(

It is certainly time our UK phone providers started to come up with data packs for us to use in the USA!

8. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of getting this sim for when I go next year (they have all 3 different sizes of sim available):

https://simcardguru.co.uk/product/sim-cards-for-the-united-states/t-mobile-usa-pay-as-you-go-mobile-phone-sim-card

It's the T-Mobile PAYG deal at either $2 or $3/day, that deal above is from a UK-based retailer with lots of good reviews. It also comes with $10 credit pre-loaded.

As people have mentioned you need to ensure your phone is unlocked to use it. Here's more details from the T-Mobile site: http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-by-the-day-cell-phone-plans

9. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. MrsG

MrsG Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sim only plan? With a fair amount of data for an unlocked iphone!

Need either a micro or nano sim!!

In vegas for a few days then onto Orlando so would need something that works in both.

Looking for more data than mins & preferably around $30/$40:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.