1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M Resort $100 cheaper via third party website?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by trellaine, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have traveled alot. Both by booking directly with the hotel and via a third party website.

I have upcoming travel and will be staying at the M Resort for 4 nights.

I just found a cheaper rate $100 total for the 4 nights.

And credit will be charged at the hotel not by the website.

The only catch I can see is it states double or king bed.

Would they put a single traveler in a double room? Do they have double rooms at the M?

Thanks

P.S Is it worth a $100 gamble and hope I get a KIng room?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first depends on ocupancy second some 3 rd partties contract for certian types of rooms when the do a deal.

some are kings some are doubles.

if u must have a king book directly also if ur gambling the will not comp of your stay from a 3rd party if thats a proplem also for you to conider.

3. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worried about comps, i dont gamble enough.

It is quite interesting none the less.

To gamble or not. That is the question.

And the 3rd party site is very well known, used.

4. AndyAnte

AndyAnte Tourist

I've never seen it under $100 for one night. Which third party seller sells it so cheaply?

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked directly with Monte Carlo and I requested the double and non smoking and I was told this will be noted but can't be guaranteed. I have never been able to figure out why....if you book months out (as I did...in June for December travel) that they can not guarantee the type of room that you want.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no hotel can actualy guarentee your room type its in the small print and the reason is. what if there are people all ready staying in all they types of rooms you want theres nothing a hotel can do.

ps hotels also over book its called plus or minus because they know that people cancel all the time.

even wuth a guarenteed reservation you can be bumped out of the hotel if over sold yes they have to put you up but at a diffenr hotel on there dime.

7. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooops my bad. I just realized how I worded that. What I meant was I found the M for $25-40 cheaper per night on third party website.

Reputable website I am sure.

Sorry for the confusion.

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually this is not true. they put it in the small print to cover their behinds but if it is paid in full ahead of time they have to upgrade you or give you what you booked, they can not give you less. It seems though that vegas operates on a whole different set of "rules" than anywhere else.

This bold here is completely false and misleading. I worked in a hotel for a year and it would show online if rooms were available in real time. If someone already booked it and is staying there it was not available.

Example, we have hockey tourneys here that take every single hotel room in town. On those weekends we know we are completely booked up. Someone cancels 1 of their nights the day before so 1 night opens up for that room. Someone comes in and wants both nights. I could see the calendar for the whole year so i know that only 1 night is available and that is all i would sell. I would then go onto all booking websites and put the rooms to unavailable.

The real problem is when hotels overbook thinking people will cancel. We never did that because we would have some pretty irate customers and only a small percentage actually cancel and if it was a guaranteed room and they did not show up we had the right to take 1 night payment, which we only did if the hotel was full.

9. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hope to be headibng out to Las Vegas in late December and are considering staying at the M. Would you care to tell us which web site you found the discount on?

10. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are travelling alone anyway just curious why it wouldn`t be fine to get a double room instead of king especially to save a hundred bucks.

11. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same price at most hotels.

12. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M or Palms Place?

OMG I am so torn. I switched my reservation from the M to the Palms Place studio suite. Based on the Palms being a suite with fridge etc and a bit closer to things although I have a rental car.

But now this spooktacular deal at M is looking pretty decent for this coming weekend etc.

:( i am stuck in making a decision lol

should i go back to the M, M is cheaper by about $100 over my 4 day stay I think.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.