1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's nearly here!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jamesnoon, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas for the first time from the UK on 21st November with 2 mates. Had this trip planned since new years day so now it's less than a month away I can't wait! A week of drinking, gambling and generally insanity is on the cards!

I just wanna share my excitement!

As Vegas virgins, any tips from the veterans will be useful. Although I been on here a while, but anything out side the box or info on anything that is happening during that week would be awesome!

Wooohoooo!

2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By far and away the best tip I can give you when coming from the UK is to get an early night on the first night. It sounds a bit controversial but I screwed up my first couple of trips by partying all night on the first night. When you land in Vegas from England your body thinks you have been up 8 hours longer than you have due to the time difference. I spent days feeling jet lagged and run down. The later trips I went to bed for a nap a couple of hours after arriving. It doesn't matter what time you get up after that, everything is 24 hours.

The other top tip is to drink shed loads of Gatorade or water while you are there and a few litres on the plane. It's so dry in Vegas compared to what we are used to and it's far too easy to dehydrate.

Other than that, you're going to love it. For a first visit plan to spend at least two days just looking at the hotels and drinking. Buy some really comfy trainers. My first trip I had flip flops on and could hardly walk after a day. Had to buy some trainers.

3. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the tips, I'm with you on the trainers, and just waking the strip. Definitely gonna check out all the hotels on the strip. I wasn't expecting water to be an issue in November but again thanks for the tip.

I kinda disagree on the nap thing. I went on a road trip to Germany in august. We went after work and droe straight to Germany and arrived about 5am. Rather than sleep we stayed awake until about 2am the next morning. While that was 44 hours without sleep, after about 24 we seemed to have broken through the barrier and were not as tired as you would expect. when we went to bed it was about the normal time to be going to bed on holiday and our body clocks were set. In definitely gonna do that in Vegas.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.