1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Zagat -- 50 states, 50 burgers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The biggest problem I have with the list is that the majority of the listings are "stunt burgers." I suppose it's because no other state can match the perfection that is an Apple Pan hamburger. Zagat doesn't know squat when it comes to burgers, since the Apple Pan isn't their choice for California. :poke:

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good old fashioned Jersey "Ratburgers"

As we called them back in the day after a long night of prayer and doing charity work we'd hit places like the White Manna,White Rose and White Diamond for these no nonsense great burgers.
    I have to drive about an hour to partake of these culinary delights now from where I am. Notice I didnt include White Castle,but to each his own.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I think the ones for NJ and NY are pretty decent choices. The burgers at Minetta Tavern are good and popular, but everyone has different favorites. Among traditional burgers, mine is probably the Wollensky Burger at Wollensky Grill (the bar next to Smith & Wollensky).

I grew up near the NJ one but I didn't know that place was a big deal until after I moved from the area, its just a tiny place. They are good but calling them the best in the state depends, as always, on how hungry you are and whether you've been drinking.

5. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the burgers look very appealing with the exception of the Surf & Turf Burger at East Ender in Portland. Don't get me wrong I like surf & turf but I'm not sure how well it works as a burger. Anyone had that particular burger or some variation of a surf & turf burger?

I like the cajun sunrise burger at Meatheads which is a small chain in my next of the woods.

cajun sunrise:thumbsup:
    1/3 lb Certified Angus Beef, fried egg, pepper jack cheese, bacon,
    bleu cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, fresh jalapeƱos

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The IL choice is on point....the cheeseburger at Au Cheval is unbelievably good. Kuma's and Lockdown are my other two favorite Chicago burger joints. And chitownjohn is right, Meatheads does a solid burger as well....probably the best fast food burger I've ever had (yes, I've had in n out and five guys as well).

7. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are so many places that serve Green Chile Cheeseburgers in NM (heck, you can get one at McD's here), that it's tough to truly judge amongst them. But I have truly become a fan of these.

8. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they have that as just a list. I would love to print it off and see how many of them I can cross off the list. I love a good burger and now need to get a drive down to C-Bus on my agenda to try out the Thurmanator as that is the closest one for me. I should probably hit all the surrounding states before the year runs out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.