1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget spa questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend is interested in a spa service at the Nugget. She called to make a reservation. She asked if there were any additional fees in addition to the price she saw online. She had a hard time understanding the woman on the Nugget's end of the call, but she clearly heard a reference to additional 20%. She wasn't clear if that was a mandatory tip or some stupid add on that they do just because it's Vegas and you should want to pay more than the advertised price. Anyone who can provide a clarification would be our hero.

I've been looking for spa deals for the spa, but am not finding any. Am I missing one?

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's a 20% "service charge" for all treatments (most spas in Vegas have one these days, 15, 18 or 20%)

I haven't seen any spa specials at GN in a while but always check their FB page, their website, and keep an eye on Vegas Groupons (I've not seen one for GN but plenty of other spas....)

They do have Fall Specials posted online http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/spa_fall_specials.pdf
    That link mentions the 20% service fee too

3. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  4. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did check for deals, but didn't find anything.

So there's a 20% service fee. I did see it denoted at least once during a review of the GN website last night. It's still not clear to me, is that an automatic gratuity? If not, what is the service fee supposed to be for?

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's crap that they build in a 20% tip. I assume they hire good people when they charge such high rates, but it sucks that on a $160 service you're obligated to tip $32 even if the service is mediocre. But good to know that this "service fee" is a mandatory tip. If it's not intended to be, too bad for the service provider. $192 is more than enough for the service. Thanks for the info HoyaHeel.

7. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a massage there in 2011 and they had the disclaimer about the fee, I was able to opt out if it and tip as I seen fit

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I emailed them in case I went for a massage and they confirmed it is a gratuity.

But you're welcome to add more tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.