1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM grand king

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sweetcanadian, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this room is 72$ a night for our stay in april. If i booked out first night in this room and our other 2 nights through myvegas (1 me, 1 my husband) what are the chances of being able to stay in this room vs being put in a petite grand or whatever their normal tier is.

I assume people will say petite grand is still better than a stay at Excalibur but i don't want to have to switch rooms and i can get 2 nights at excal with my Vegas and pay less than $100 for the 1 night and resort fees where MGM will be almost 200 and we do not want to spend too much on a room we will barely be in.

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off:

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/mgmgrand.aspx

These rewards must be used before March 31st... so you can't redeem anything for April

In general you have to be happy with what you booked. Can't you just book the petite king for the 3rd night? Then try your chances at an upgrade when you check in. Seems foolish to spend the extra money on the nicer room if you aren't guaranteed to stay there or have to switch.

I would say there is a good chance of an upgrade since, they have more "grand king" rooms, but who knows.

3. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the petite grand is not what is on the mlife site, i never got to the ones that were 90$ and up but that would be where it is.

I know i can't book past march yet, that is why i am trying to figure this all out before i can book. I am not a newbie at this, i just could not find an answer to my particular dilemma.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, when you call to book your MyVEGAS nights, just tell them you want a 3rd night, it does say you can add on nights at your Mlife rate. They should be able to figure it out for you on the phone and make you one reservation instead of two :).

I just opened my Mlife "West Wing King" is what you are looking for. Same thing.

I'd try to redeem first, see what they say before you actually book the 3rd night, since availability and everything can be weird.

5. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.