1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Semi Live, Oct.16th to 21st

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mightywabbit, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mightywabbit

mightywabbit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Might is back...ok,ok, mightyWabbit is back....and this time hopefully successfully updating this forum with a semi-degenerate-solo-semi-live-TR...

I will be trying to post thoughts, notes and trivia about my trip everytime I get wifi, as well as a complete day report.. I have tried to do so in July, wasn't on my own though at the time..

I have been reading all of your TRs and I feel that I have to contribute, even if this helps you people get over the waiting time until next trip.. thats what your reports help me with.. surviving..

Today, 27 hours before leaving home, I was supposed to work...well I wont be doing this...you sometimes have to reap the benefits of being your own boss...

I have been going to LV since 1995, I am 36, dad and husband and just addicted to LV.. Have been staying mainly in MGM Prop. but have done my fair share of hotel hopping, ranging from sams town to skylofts..

This time I will be flying BA from switzerland to london and from lhr to las.. Got a great offer so this time it will be first class.. Many may argue, that flying the old first on BA is not worth the money, but.....:

1) nice lounge in LHR (pre drinking)
    2) by-pass security lines
    3) drink on the plane
    4) be one of the first to get off
    so 5) be one of the first to go through immigration
    6,7,8) its just so much nicer than eco...in german its called the wooden(seat)-class...i think its one of the best names for eco...

My host was insisting sending a limo, the driver will only be getting me to rentals though as I have booked a luxury class at AVIS using my avios..

Then off to MGM, normal room, comped five nights...

18th and 19th are CE days, the rest is for gambling, drinking, gambling, drinking and maybe some outlet shopping for those that had to stay behind... well, instead of vegas my wife and girl (28 Mths) are spending two weeks in southern spain..poor neglected them....

I will be (trying) doing a lot of photo shooting, less touristy, more "nice"artisty" pics....(a way to make my BR last longer)...so if i really get around to doing so, expect some pics...

Since I will be motorized and solo i tought a challenge a day coming from the forum would be something original...I will be picking one of your (hopefully numerous suggestions) and then trying to complete the task..(photo backed)...

That should hopefully make the TR more interesting and different than other (great) reports.....

so...any suggestions for the trip?

challenges? thoughts, ideas?

greetings, mightywabbit

2. mightywabbit

mightywabbit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update, that nobody cares to know about

Raised my Mastercard limit by 5K..

U never know....

my eBanking code(completely random) for entering a last time this morning:

MG5M....MGM!!!

seeing the signs no marker will be needed this time...and hopefully no CC.....

3. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are CE days?

4. mightywabbit

mightywabbit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CE= continuous education.

5. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow when I have to take those classes I am stuck in some office park and not Vegas. I am going to be hanging around the Cosmo this sat night.

6. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have a blast! let us hear the great report soon!:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.