1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Riveria mail offer Su-Th $19 Fr & Sa $39

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bernie2, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THe Riveria sent me a mail offer of $19 Su -Th and if booked thru marketing no resort fee($14.99) and Friday & Saturday $39. This goes into December. Though not real sure how good the Friday & Saturday is because I haven't checked rates.

2. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer in the mail... I'm just wondering, how are you sure that there is no resort fee? I looked over the offer and it didn't mention it anywhere.

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would avoid the Riv currently, they'd probably put you to work dealing blackjack if you stayed there.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked this Deal for a stay in a few weeks, will report back about the resort fee. It will be a solo trip, working a trade show, so my needs are minimal.

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! You are hilarious.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No resort fees caught my attention. I am interested in learning how this pans out.

7. Louton25

Louton25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this mailer as well - totally out of the blue.
    Mine had $10 free play, $10 match play, a free show ticket and BOGO at their diner.
    Must be trying to revive things a bit at the Riv. Nice to see. I'm heading to Vegas this weekend, and will stop in and see how lively the crowd is.

8. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure to book thru the marketing department to avoid the resort fee(s) and while there ask them to quote you a rate because it might be lower. Be sure to get the Monaco Tower or better. Good luck.

9. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    riviera waives the resort fee when you book an offer with marketing.

I agree about the monaco tower,pretty nice room.

10. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer and I only played a little BJ and VP for not even 2 hours on my last trip. I'm not sure if I would bother staying there, due to the poor location on the strip. I would rather pay more to be further South or stay Downtown instead. If you have a car or don't mind the bus, it could be doable.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the walk from riviera to centre strip but not when it is blazing hot or in january when it`s cold

12. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comps seem to be available at the Riv for minimal play.
    I enjoy the history of the place and try and stay in a different tower each time. The steakhouse is great and there's a famous barber in their shop who used to cut all the stars hair back in the day.

13. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    their smaller version of the pinball hall of fame is pretty neat also

14. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer, but Lady Friend got a similar mailer with 2 free weeknights instead. We are booking both offers back to back for 10/31 - 11/4. I never asked about the resort fee, we shall see.

-

15. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poker buddy Wild Bill just booked his 3 night offer of $19 or $39 weekend nights. Booked using the phone number on the mailed offer and gave his Player's Card. That put him through marketing and there was no resort fee that way. His offer was Oct -Dec. He is going Nov 1-2-3 and that was the cheapest price he could find anywhere. He likes the Venetian Poker, the 4-8 limit games with a rake capped at $4. Most of us are abandoning CET games because of the elimination of high hand awards or Aces cracked and freerolls that helped get the huge bonus/bad beat rake back, the escalation of CET buffet prices which downgrades the hourly comps earned, and the new $2 bad beat rake that can be ridiculous if you arrive at a time when it has just been hit and some very high quad must be beat. The Riv offers nice access too to downtown without all the crowds of central strip.

16. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was $19 per night plus tax, no resort fee. I ended up keeping the room for a 4th night as I had a late flight out, the 4th night was $28. I ended up in the San Remo tower, on the second floor, overlooking a parking lot. The room was totally adequate for my needs as I was working a trade show during the day. I would give it a 2* rating. Beds were comfy, flat screen tv, decent sized bathroom, no fridge. A colleague was staying in the Monaco tower and his room was much nicer.

17. doug2288

doug2288 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone get room comped base on play by checking out ?Thanks.

18. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I did not earn enough points.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.