1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alpine Motel

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by gpuffenbarger, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpuffenbarger

gpuffenbarger Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to Las Vegas, twice a year for about 15 years, I like staying Downtown , However with all of the new resort fees. and my budget is getting smaller . I am looking for cheaper place close to Downtown. Has anyone ever stayed at the Alpine Motel 213 North 9th Street .702-384-1908 Its just off of Fremont Street. But I can knot find ANY Reviews for this place. Can anyone Please . drive by this place and look at the rooms for me. There website said they have rooms for $25.00 a day. If there is anyone out there who can help me . I Thank You Very Much !!!!!!!!!!! Please Help

2. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you gamble downtown? Have a players card(s) for downtown? The reason I ask is I have an email offer from Fremont for $29 a night but it also includes a $15 dollar food and drink credit per night.

If I give Fremont $200 dollars a trip that would be estimating high.

Check your account's if you have them.:beer:

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed there but i know the place you are talking about. Its a rat hole that you really dont want to stay at.

Spend the extra $10 per night or so and stay someplace safe and normal.

It will be too late once you get there and realize we are right.

try google earth and look at the street view. its actually pretty funny because there are 2 bearded homeless guys sitting on the front steps.

[​IMG]

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked at the street view and saw the 2 guys, lol. Man, that is one frightening looking place. The review says, and I quote, "WARNING!!! This place is infested with BED BUGS."

You can get a room at El Cortez for $22.40 on weeknights in November. I'm not sure if they have a resort fee.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with above. I have no direct knowledge of this motel, but know the area pretty well and it's right on the edge of where things get nasty for most folks. I sure wouldn't want to be walkin' over there after a good night of drinkin' and gamblin'.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can give us your dates, maybe we can find a hotel for you that might be better than this place.

btw, the el cortez does not charge resort fees......hopefully that won't change anytime soon.

as for player's cards, some of us don't gamble enough (meaning we play on the tables but not the $25 minimums) to qualify for good rates but even with a player's card you might be able to qualify for the lowest tier rates. boyd group's lowest tier is ruby and if you sign into their b connected site Ruby members get $28 - $32 a night rates for normal nights. unfortunately it also depends if there are events (new years, annual conventions, football games, etc.) so you need to check their calendar to see their rates.

you can also use kayak to see if there are cheap places available for your dates. Normally, downtown, EC has decent rates. As a last resort, you can also go to one of the hostels, I think their rates start at $15 a night.

As you mentioned, I checked tripadvisor and couldn't find any reviews on that motel so I haven't a clue on how good it is.

7. Louton25

Louton25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a sneaking suspicion this entire post is 100% sarcasm.

Not thinking anybody in their right mind, who has ever been to Las Vegas at all would ask about one of the roach motels off Fremont in seriousness.

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good place to give my ex a gift certificate to

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're right, they only have 1 post. Was it supposed to be funny to see how many people on this forum would try to give helpful advice?

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I kinda find it funny.....:evillaugh
    I mean the poster took the time to do some research
    for his joke.:nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.