1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY rooms with real strip views?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by franco802, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all. I am going to be booking a couple rooms for my girlfriend and my parents this week. I have stayed at NYNY before back in 09'. But when requesting rooms with strip view, they are half of or almost not a strip view. Are there rooms in NYNY that give a view of the north strip??? Or at least facing east?

2. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. All impeded by coaster. Now the Carlyle suite with its balconies is unbelievable with regards to view.

3. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of that suite in NYNY. I don't care much about the roller coaster. As long as I'm facing north or east.

4. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a strip facing room on a high floor of NYNY and it mostly faced MGM and the airport. I dont think there would be any that face North except for maybe a corner room on the most North building.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the whole building slants to the south and the coaster is right in the way. so the only north facing strip views would be on the end of the building.

6. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering what rooms those are?

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just there in mid September, had room 1980 which had an east view straight to M&M store, Harley store, and I could see the top of the Mansion inside the MGM Grand. BUT BUT, for life of me I cannot remember my tower name. If someone can post those tower names, I am sure I will recognize it. It was a really long walk from the elevators to that room. Felt like I was a mice in a maze but it didn't really bother me. Anyone know all the names of the towers?

8. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chrysler tower, Staten Island tower, Broadway I think, Empire tower .

9. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had room 2184 a few years ago. It was the very last room. The only window faced east, with basically the same view that travelfiend had. There was no window on the north facing end of our room. IIRC, the stairwell may have been there. That was back in '07, so my memory may no be accurate.

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't remember the tower my dad was in, but it was a regular room as soon as you got off the elevator, faced north. Windows behind TV could see all of MC/Aria was pretty nice.

11. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn! Wish you knew the tower:(

12. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The towers are as follows:

Empire - entrance closest to the pool (and closest to the parking garage escalator)

Century - entrance closest to America restaurant

New Yorker - between Chin Chin and Gallagher's

Chrysler - by Zumanity box office

Each offers a different look and angle.

If you want to good look down the Strip - the Chrysler tower is the closest, however, certain rooms still do not offer great views.

13. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is correct.

If you want north facing, you may get Aria and MC view (not down strip north), unless you have a corner room on a high floor (these are generally suites at that level, however, if you are high enough, there are only 5 - 6 rooms on the whole floor - which means odds are greater for views).

South facing is much easier (or straight on to MGM) and can be had from almost all towers.

14. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent information everyone! Keep them coming. Thank you very much.

15. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked for a Strip view once. I got one facing east.
    Really bad view.jpg

It was actually behind the green building in the skyline.

16. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy crap. Exactly what we DON'T want:eek:

I booked a park Ave view room last night. I just want to make sure what tower I ask for when we arrive.

17. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine any strip view room at NYNY to be anything to jump up in the night and scream about. You are pretty much going to be looking at whatever is between MGM and P-Ho. Not the most attractive part of the strip, IMO.

18. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you dooner, so my room which faced East was in Century 1980. wasn't bad view just not the cool view looking up the strip that I think you are wanting. I did get a kick out of seeing the top of the Mansion after reading all of NateDog's reports and seeing his inside pictures.

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of going there. I can usually get suites comped, but want to get a better one with a REAL separate bedroom from living area. Input on room name, and view?

20. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a few years ago Beejay posted his stay at one of the Penthouse suites at NYNY. From his pictures and write-up it looked really good.

The views were excellent, with three separate patio sections on each side of the tower - with the ability to see every angle of the strip.

Worth doing a search for (he mentioned in one post that it was one of his 'nice surprises that he was not expecting').

As far as other suites, I've stayed in all the other ones, from Player's to Marquis to Ziggurat. Only the Ziggurat had a separate living room/sitting room and bedroom. The one I had I believe was in the New Yorker tower - 2nd from the top floor. There were only 4 rooms on the whole floor (narrows near the top), with the Penthouse on the floor above us. View was only out of two sides of it - down to Mandalay Bay, and across to MGM.

If you are asking for rooms, make sure to get the "A" elevator - which uses a separate elevator to get to the top floors (much quicker - I think it starts on Floor 26 and serves about 8 floors).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.