1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Socks! Thanks For The Tip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by seneca7, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from my lucky 13th trip to Vegas. Comped at Paris. First time there, and I liked it. Won some lucky 13th money too! Just wanted to thank the member who posted about the compression socks. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. I think she was a nurse who stands on her feet all day. My feet are awful, bunions, you name it. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I bought some at uniformcity.com. OMG! I walked my butt off, and my feet felt great. First time I ever returned from Vegas with no blisters. Talk about a great tip! Thanks again for posting that info.

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried compression socks for walking but have been wearing them on the plane rides to/from Vegas and can say they really do help.

3. VegasMike

VegasMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of trying them on my next flight to Vegas. I figured I have nothing to lose. We (son and I) do a lot of walking too. so I'll be giving they a try this trip. Thanks for the tip.

4. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I've got terrible circulation in my legs. A few years back my legs swelled to the size of an elephant's while in Vegas (99% water). Been taking out compression hose ever since (thigh high). They're a bitch getting on/off, but worth the effort.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wore them for the first time on an overnight flight to Europe and they were great. I would highly recommend them for travel.

6. gailk

gailk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am back from my trip too. I went to the local Shopko near me and purchased a set of $14.00 sox (on sale for $7.99). They were a sport sock that whisked away the sweat. They worked or was it the 3 pair of shoes/sandals to change out the feel of the feet. Which ever my feet came back perfect. :wave:

7. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Legs sheer energy light support pantyhose work really well - I used to work NICU & stand for 12-16 hours at a time. I still wear them whenever I have jeans, slacks or scrubs on.

When we Were Young
  8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad you found something that helped.

I just wanted to mention to the posters who have had swelling. I had swelling last time in Vegas. That was unusual for me. I went to my family doctor when we got home and we started tracking my blood pressure. It turns out it had been going up and down for quite a while. I've been on blood pressure medication since then and it's really helped. I'm stable now, I've lost weight since my last surgery and we're starting to adjust the dose downwards. Don't mess around with blood pressure.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon online deal

I saw this deal in today's Groupon: MoJo Compression Performance & Recovery Socks $28, ships free.

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Mine turned into congestive heart failure. I was at Rio and security called the squad who wanted to take me to the hospital. I refused like a dumbass. When I got home my family Dr gave me 10 different kinds of hell, but everything is good now.

11. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there - that was me.. :peace: - and I am so glad they helped you.. Funnily enough I bought some new scrubs this weekend, at Uniform City; as I stood in line I spotted the socks again and said to my hubby (also a poster on this board) I wonder how the VMB'er did with those socks? I sure hope she liked them...LOL!
    I am so pleased, those socks are worth every last cent! 16+ hours on my feet = no blisters = awesome!

How sore my feet are really dictate how much I am doing on my vegas trips!

ALSO - I am also so happy to hear you did good in vegas! Always a bonus!! :beer:

12. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    floridavegas :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.