1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crazy case of road raged bikers attacking a family

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Kickin, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

This happened on Sunday uptown in Washington Heights. Its a really crazy story and was captured on high res video by one of the bikers involved. The police have been able to arrest a couple of them, but are still looking for the others including the main guy.

[YOUTUBE]7dqIPRYTWWA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup, this story has been all over the news this week

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Ahh, yeah its all over the news here but I didn't realize it was the same nationally.

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

This is being talked about on pretty much every forum out there. It is also a very divided and heated topic between bikers and non-bikers. We don't know what happened to instigate this particular incident, but I will say, as a father of 3 young children, if surrounded by a bunch of dudes, bikers or not, who approach with aggression, I will drive off for my children's safety. Most importantly, I would have avoided them from the get go, even if I have to turn off on a street to go around them. There are videos of the biker who brake-checked the driver doing stunts on public streets. He basically has no regard for his or anyone else's safety on the road. He has several videos posted of going down street doing bike stunts, running through red lights and having another biker block traffic, that has right of way, just so he can show off and do stunts. I don't mind sharing the road, but some bikers assume sharing means owning. Car drivers need to always be aware of their blind spots and bikers always need to be aware of bigger animals on the road. In this particular incident, I just don't see a bunch of bikers going, "gosh darn, you just rear ended me...let's exchange insurance sir". Whether the driver was at fault or not, he go boxed in, several bikers began assaulting his vehicle, slashing one or more tires. The anti-gun politicians always say if you are in a threatening situation, you should run. Well, the family did just that and I would have done the same...even if I was carrying. I definitely want to hear the 911 call...I am curious if the 911 operator instructed the driver to flee to safety. I have a very strong opinion on this incident, but sharing beyond the tame opinion I have given does nothing productive. I will say that having seen Dr. Drew's comment about the video on Erin Burnett's show, I now find it very hard to take his advice seriously. He said he saw no immenant threat to the driver or family and said the driver should have stayed there to exchange insurance information...lol...give me a break.

5. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fact that people are somehow trying to blame the driver of the SUV is mind-boggling to me. If you watch the other videos of this motorcyle group, you will discover that they are always out looking for trouble and raising hell.

In this case, they found the trouble that they were looking for, but they don't like the consequences.

It's pretty simple to me: if you don't want to get ran over, don't stop your bike in front of an SUV on a highway for no reason, and don't pick on innocent citizens for no reason. What is this world coming to when you can't take your wife and 2 year old daughter for a Sunday drive without getting attacked and assualted??

It's sad that the biker got injured, but he has nobody but himself to blame. Actions have consequences. It's unfortunate that he had to learn that lesson with such serious repercussions.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there's probably a lot more that will come out during the investigation to shape the true story, though the video info sure is powerful!

7. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a avid bike rider and I am appalled at the action of these hoodlums. Their not bikers...they are criminals/hoodlums posing as bikers.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Keep in mind that is probably a very small minority position. I haven't heard a single person even suggest that other than some random commentors on the internet....and you know you'll see anything on the internet. There are always some nutjobs who immediately blame the victims.

The driver tried to speed away which was the best move for the safety of his family. Unfortunately he got off the Westside Highway at an awful place up in Washington Heights which is pretty ghetto, and then got stuck behind other cars. I know its probably hard to think strategically in that situation but it would have been good if he took the exit to the upper level of the GWB. On a Sunday afternoon traffic would be light on the bridge and there are tons of live cameras and cops there, at minimum there are cops at the toll booth.

And you're right, if you watch the other videos by this biker crew this is nothing new. They cause havoc on roads all across the country and film it. They're just thugs and this isn't a one-off event.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at the video it doesn't look good for the bikers but I am wondering what prompted this to happen. Did the driver cut off a biker or honk or something to raise the ire of the bikers? I can't see someone (the biker) being a jerk and putting a driver in a dangerous situation by doing the stunts that the biker did in front of the driver. there must be more to the story, hopefully more info will come out. I don't even understand the bikers surrounding the car on the freeway but something must have caused that to happen that we don't know about. there are a lot of news stories about the situation, one said that the biker had a problem with his bike, another said that the guy near the car was trying to help the driver but from the video it all points to the bikers being the aggressors so I don't believe the biker's excuses one bit, nor do I feel any sympathy for the biker who was badly injured.

it is unfortunate that a biker got hurt, even moreso that the biker that got hurt wasn't the initial biker but I understand the driver and what he did, he just wanted to get away before the situation escalated. Yes, he shouldn't have gotten off the freeway, once he stopped he was open to attacks.

In Hawaii I do see bikers congregate on the roads and cause problems, many of them feel they can all bunch up and slow down traffic and create havoc. many of these bike "gangs" usually meet up on weekends and drive around the city. While most aren't troublemakers there are some who have a chip on their shoulders and want to create a scene. It is unfortunate that there is this "biker" mentality, bikers who weave in and out of traffic and disobey laws and feel that everyone has to make room for them, it gives a bad name to all bikers.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been some suggestions that the bikers were blocking access to the road and trying to clear vehicles so they could mess around and do tricks etc and that's what they were trying to do to this SUV. Just more rumors at this point:peace:

11. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are squids, not bikers. They ended up dragging the guy out of the Range Rover in the middle of traffic later and beating him up/slicing him. Personally I would've ran over more of those squids.

12. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the bikers family in the video are doing just so. Of course they are upset that the biker got hurt but they are fully blaming the driver of the SUV, not once do they suggest it was the bikers actions that caused it.

First time i have seen the video but it looks like they have the "pack" mentality that lions have and i am sure it will come out that the SUV driver had been doing nothing wrong in the first place other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The biker who he initially tapped was probably trying to get him to stop so they could do their tricks but he was fearful and just wanted out of there.

13. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to know this ONE thing.

What prompted the SUV driver to run over the biker?

The biker slowing down and getting hit looks like the biker's fault entirely.

However, if you hit someone and it's their fault, you don't have the right to pull off and run over people unless you have a very good reason.

I say this cuz I've seen people just bolt off accident scenes even scraping cars in the process.

He ran over a biker so IF he just pulled off the scene just cuz I have zero sympathy for him getting beat. I think that biker got 2 broken legs....i.e. he got much worse.

They certainly weren't trying to break into his vehicle until he ran over the biker.

Also, just you ride with others doesn't make you all criminals.

Most bikers will tell you that you may ride with others you dunno.

14. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they weren't trying to break into his vehicle initially....but what exactly were they doing?? Why did they feel the need to stop this family and place their bikes in front of his car?

Being surrounded by 30 strangers on motorcycles on a highway with your 2 year old daughter in the backseat would make anyone uncomfortable.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uncomfortable? How about scared sh*tless!!

16. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooooight so you can run over them then....

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Sure he wanted out of there. That's when they surrounded him and started banging on the car, while he's sitting there with his wife and baby.

I have zero sympathy for the biker who got run over. Sure his family does but anyone else who does has some mental issues in my opinion. He was part of the pack blocking the car, trying to close down a major roadway, and as it turns out wasn't even a licensed rider. He had his license revoked since 1999.

With all the other videos coming out of these guys, the stuff on their social media pages, etc. it's clear they're punks who cause mayhem all over the place. Now one of them gets hurt and they're looking for sympathy. Please....

18. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, if you watch the video, the full one, you can see that they all stop to see what's going on.

You dunno if they were banging on the car.

They were all riding, an accident happened, they all stopped.

You seem to think all bikers that ride together are blood brothers or something. Do you think every biker there in the vid was an accessory to the beating too?

The SUV driver should be charged!

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Well, in his press conference Commissioner Kelly was the one who said they pounded on the car in the initial stop, which the police feel was an intentional accident as is pretty obvious. They also have a lot more video than what the biker released on youtube.

And yes, I do think they all ride together because they WERE all riding together and they ride together all over the place. They all surrounded the family together and they all chased them together. They also had 200 complaints about them phoned in to the NYPD just that day.

The driver may get charged, but they aren't charging him yet. I do hope the little biker punks get charged under gang related statutes.

20. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which biker punks? You are completely ignorant of bikers.

You sometimes ride with others to hang. Plus, are you really going to sit there and say ALL those bikers are guilty?

Oh and duh, the SUV driver ran over a person after a traffic accident so yeah the bikers followed him. The commissioner doesn't really know what happened during that stop that's why he doesn't say so definitively.

You see someone you're riding with get violently ran over (subsequently paralyzed) you just might be outraged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.