1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of Buffets

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegasloverfromatl, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, we have the Buffet of Buffets pass and want to use it for dinner one time. We are going with another couple and they like to eat at fancy places so I have convinced them to do one night of Buffet (even though if it were just my husband and I we would totally capitalize it on it and do two dinners but I digress). So, we have eaten at Harrahs (fine but don't want to do it), Paris , and Rio's buffets. Should we just stick to Paris since it's fine (it's where we are staying)? Or, should we upgrade to do the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars? Do you know how much that charge is? Is it worth it? Or..do we take them to Rio and do the World Buffet? I don't think it's that great but it would take us over there and show them what Rio is all about. I'm thinking we will do it on our last night since we can then squeeze a lunch in before our flight the next day and we are leaving later than they are. Just wanted to get your opinions. Thanks!

2. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some further info- she's vegetarian so seafood might be a good option for her but she doesn't eat much anyway. Also, do I need to hand this coupon in at the cage at one of the hotels? How do I redeem this coupon?

3. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're referring to the coupon from the TR credit card, you redeem it at the TR desk. We just did this at Caesars Sunday night and ate at Bacchanal. We used TR points to pay for the upcharge ($25 each) so the only out of pocket was the tip. I can't speak for the veggie options, but I think its well worth it even if you have to pay the upcharge out of pocket. We're not foodies, and I don't have a ton of buffet experience but it was nothing short of fantastic,IMO.

4. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal would be well worth the upgrade. I ate there last month and it was well worth the $50 spent to do so. I had a ton of oysters, clams, sushi, steak, etc. Best buffet I've ever been to, hands down.

5. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on this the answer is easily yes.

6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it is the free pass for two for getting the new Total Rewards credit card you just need to go to the Total Rewards Desk and they will add it to your players card. Both people need a players card. Just know that your clock starts ticking at the Total Rewards desk and not when you go to the buffet.
    That said last month we did the dinner buffet at the Spice Market at Planet Hollywood and I was pleasantly surprised. I normally only do breakfast at buffets but the dinner there was so good that we did dinner there again the next night.

Mark

7. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok, then we will go ahead with the Caesars buffet. Thanks all for your input. Good to know about not going to the total rewards desk until I'm ready to step foot in that buffet! I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay $25 upcharge for that! My goodness aren't the other buffets more than $25 for dinner? Jeez! But I can't wait to go!!!!

8. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's often a long line, so prepared. Enjoy!

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm, not sure they will be buffet fans. The fact you had to "convince" them has me a bit concerned.
    Personally I don't think the Caesars buffet is worth the price or going to solve the issue.
    If they are that particular you would be better off letting them choose the place.

10. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.

My strategy with buffets is to eat a light breakfast (a bowl of oatmeal at Starbucks works for me) and a salad for lunch.

By 3:00 PM when most buffets open for dinner I am ready to stuff my face.

11. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, "convince" isn't the right word then. They aren't that picky. Listen, my husband and I are all about the gambling. We go to the pool all day, get some drinks, eat cheap lunch, shower, go use a gift certificate or Restaurant.com certificate for dinner- hell, we'll eat at a burger place- and then get onto what I went there for- gambling! Unfortunately, they are not big gamblers. I had to tell our friends, "listen, we love to do the pool and walk around until the sun goes down but then we are gamblers and that's what we do". I would rather hang myself than go hang out in a club and dance!

I have platinum status since I have that Harrahs Visa so we get to skip the line right? I don't know. I hate to waste that buffet coupon! Maybe we won't do one at all then.

So far, we have Saturday night booked at Mesa Grill and then we were planning a buffet for either Sunday or Monday. Then the other night we were going to do a nice steakhouse that has good seafood for my friend whose vegetarian. We are going to go downtown one night too and can do that for dinner or after. Can anyone give me some recommendations on steakhouses that are great both on the strip and downtown? Lets not get crazy like the most expensive steakhouses but we like to have a nice dinner so something upscale is fine. I'll start a new thread too. I'm getting so excited! Three weeks!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [your posts were moderated because you are new and you were using hyperlinks. They were not deleted or lost - they just needed to be approved by a moderator]

13. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that now. Sorry and thanks! I edited it to remove the second post!!!!

14. searchin

searchin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would use the buffet of buffet pass on monday. Sunday may be too busy, Lines, crowds. Even with a line pass crowds can be iritating.

15. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used my CET credit card voucher in August. I stayed at Paris and have always been high on their buffet. However, I wanted to try PH. Honestly, I loved it so much for dinner I went back 18 hours later for lunch. Everything was fresh, nothing over seasoned, delicious, etc.

16. Wayupinya

Wayupinya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the credit card two months ago but I didn't get vouchers. Do they send them separately or can I just get them once in town?

17. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I got my card,no voucher just an ad for it.You are probably good to go if you show your cards and ID at the rewards desk.

18. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Caesars I'm pretty sure only Diamond and Seven Star players get to jump the line.

19. jasonkm1

jasonkm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas Sept 8-14 and both me and my friend had the two buffet passes for signing up with the credit cards so we had a total of 48 hours of buffets! Caesar's does have a separate line for platinum members, and there was another line for people with Seven Stars and Diamond. When we went for dinner we were able to go right in, nobody else was in either VIP lines. There was quite a wait for the other people so we were very thankful for the Platinum status. We did have to pay the $25 each upcharge for this buffet though. We also went to buffets at Harrah's, Paris, Rio and Planet Hollywood. They all had a special line for Platinum and above except for Harrah's. We went to the Rio Carnival World buffet and they even have a special "vip" room for platinum and above-- nicer atmosphere and booth seating.

20. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback! I think we are going to do Caesars for dinner on Monday night and then hubby and I will hit the lunch at Paris the next day. I am platinum but the other people in my party of four are not (including my husband). Will Caesars let them come in the VIP line with me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.