1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Forum Room Comp when other rooms SOLD OUT

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RileyP, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always been comped at all of the CET properties in Las Vegas but Caesars. Well not ALL of the room choices at all hotels but very good choices. Maybe due to a summer trip to Atlantic City I am now comped in a Forum Tower room at Caesars Palace.

I would love to ask for an upgrade to a strip view room (maybe Augustus Tower?) but the first night we are coming in (Thursday) all room choices EXCEPT for Roman Tower and Forum Tower are completely booked - and this is in January!

Since we won't be arriving until after 10:00 PM, my chances of getting an upgrade are pretty slim, I know, but how about the next four nights? Has anyone asked to change rooms after their first night?

I am also comped in a Red Room at Paris (not Premium) for the five-night stay. Should I just take that one instead? I wanted to try something different though ...

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry about it too much. I don't get higher end rooms at Caesars and it often says sold out instead of giving me a price. If you make believe you are booking a room on the calendar...after you select the room, scroll down it will give you more choices at Caesars and choices for other properties. I see rack rates when I do this instead of sold out. Yes, you can ask to change rooms the next day.

3. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your reply! I get OPTIONS too when I am signed in to Total Rewards when I'm not eligible for that category of room too, so I signed out of TR and went into the calendar again and from January 12th through the 16th all room higher than Roman Tower are sold out.

From now until January I have never seen five nights in a row listed like that. What is going on during that time? I would even be okay with a Roman Tower for one night if they downgrade me, but NOT for five nights when I could have gotten a nice room at Paris instead.

4. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might be the two conventions that are in town that week. Hunters expo 61,000 attendees and the Adult Expo/Video Awards with 21,000. I like a Caesars stay now and again, but prefer Paris.

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

SHOT Show is also that week at the Sands Convention Center.

6. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband is going to the Antique Arms show starting on the 17th. I had no idea that January was so busy!

Has anyone actually been upgraded at your request after already staying one night at Caesars, or any hotel for that matter??

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so let me get this right. you check into the comp room you booked and come down the next day and ask if they can upgrade you for free to a better room? and what makes you think this might possibly have any chance of actually happening? IIRC people have reported very little success getting any upgrades at Caesers even with the $20/50 trick and doing it right at check-in. everybody wants the new towers.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This far out, I would wonder if the hotel is really that sold out or if they have convention blocks that will expire soon which will free up rooms. That being said, when Vegas is that busy, your focus should be primarily on getting the room you booked and not getting bumped down to Roman since all comp rooms ressies are ROH. I think that they will upgrade you at check in if it's possible but I don't think CP does much upgrading after check in unless you are a higher player that they had to downgrade.

9. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed at CP earlier this month booked on a Forum Tower comp for 5 days. They did move me up to Palace just for asking. This was a M-F stay. Also got moved from Forum to AT on a previous stay two years ago. YMMV

You have nothing to lose by asking for a room change and everything to gain.

10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those rooms at Caesars aren't necessarily sold out, they are just not willing to comp you into them. Go to the website without logging into your TR acct to figure out which rooms are sold out and which are available for a higher price.

11. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter - I was going to ask for an upgrade at check in BEFORE I found out all of the newer towers may be sold out. I would only ask for a better room the next day if I was given a Roman Tower room .

I'm not complaining about the Forum room by any means, and I don't think I am asking for anything more than anyone else has as obviously people HAVE gotten upgrades. It is the possibility of getting an old room that has me concerned.

So true about the block of rooms being set aside - I did not think of that!

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? I don't remember anyone ever reporting that they've been turned down for an upgrade at CP.

13. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The forum tower rooms aren't bad and better than Palace unless you get the premium room there. The location is great too. I wouldn't worry.

14. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did check the calendar without signing in - all rooms EXCEPT Roman seem to be sold out on the 16th! It will be interesting to see if those rooms open up closer to January. Well hopefully Caesars will honor my comp and one of the Forum rooms has my name on it ...

Thanks for all your input!

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I guess I didn't remember correctly. :)

16. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you diamond with CET by chance? When i used to stay at CP, I only qualified for a Forum room comp (very nice room BTW). Yet when I checked my res on the CET website a few days before departure, the res had been changed to Augustus tower. My first comped stay there as platinum I did stay in the Forum tower room and liked it alot.

So, check your res online a couple days in advance and see if it's changed. i think they automaticially upgrade diamond whenever there is availability, at least that's what they told me in Diamond checkin.

diane

17. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No - I'm not Diamond. I only became Platinum when I signed up for the Total Rewards credit card a couple months ago! I have not been to Las Vegas in two years and up until now I have only gotten comped rooms for all of the hotels EXCEPT Caesars Palace. That is the only reason why I am sticking with my reservation at Caesars - I will probably never be comped there again! And I have also never stayed on that side of the strip before! I played slots in Atlantic City in May for two days only and all of a sudden I got the Caesars Forum room comp.

Well that would be exciting to see my reservation changed to Augustus Tower! It would make the five-hour plane ride a lot less stressful!! Highly doubtful though because of my barely Platinum status...

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MAYBE during a busy convention

You might have difficulty with upgrades, but we have been offered upgrades EVERY time we have stayed comped at Caesars--even during March Madness. They are actually known for being very generous with the offers (it may cost you a minimal $30/nt extra)

19. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HUH?

Having stayed in both Forum & Palace Towers, I can say (and think it would be the general consensus...) that Palace Tower rooms are MUCH nicer than Forum Tower rooms!
    Forum Tower was fine--I would compare to Ballys or Harrahs std rooms. Our Palace tower rooms had upgraded furnishings & was even nicer than our Wynn room 3 years ago. (bedroom set up/furnishings nearly identical to Wynn, bath MUCH larger)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.