1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Zoo closed down

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they did have one! When we travel to other cities, one of our things is to visit the zoo. We went to this one when we lived in Vegas because we never knew they had one before that. Well now the Feds are closing it down.
    Federal officials began removing animals from the Southern Nevada Zoological Park this week, but a sign on the front gate says the facility is closed to the public for upgrades.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/officials-moving-animals-out-las-vegas-zoo

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe: Thanks for the info and link; I didn't know Vegas had a zoo. What do you know about the Springs Preserve? We see the signs every time we go between downtown and Suncoast. Lots of turtles, by any chance?

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was on our to do list because we also drove by it every day on the way home. We never made it. I do know they host lots of various receptions and weddings out there. There are also walking trails and that is about all I know.
    A person who posts on another board has a band and they play out there sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.