1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp event Tix MGM

Discussion in 'Comps' started by philculp, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philculp

philculp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email this morning from MGM offering comp lakers tix and comp room for Oct. I'm wondering about other events at MGM. In particular UFC; are they looking for a certain level of player in order to get comp offers for certain events. I've had offers for concerts and NBA but not UFC which is really the only event id take a special trip for that wasn't already planned. Just wondering if anyone does receive offers for the bigger events or if it's not usually a comped event.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the way it works is with every event they come out with a minimum player requirement. they send out invites and see who books. if it doesn't fill up, they lower the req and send out more invites. and down the line.

UFC and boxing are their biggest events, so the requirement is high. and they fill up quick, so the requirement never goes down. something like that Lakers game isn't much of a draw, so the req is much lower.

one good way to figure out what the req might be is look at the ticket prices. the UFC and boxing tickets are upwards of $1200-2400 each for the top tickets and even $400-600 for the lowest ticket. those Lakers tickets and concert tickets are under $100 usually.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the tix for the Mayweather fight were $1500 each

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    damn, that's cheap. they were $2400 for one of his fights last year.

5. philculp

philculp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'm going this weekend with a bigger than usual br, maybe I'll start seeing some of the better events.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.