1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking with host, then changing to offer?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MidnightBJ, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, through a referral on this board, I contacted a host and the host said they had made my reservations for 2 nights. Offered me less than I was expecting, but enough for my trip this time around, so wasn't going to fret over it. However, when I logged into my MLife account soon after the host booked my room, I noticed $200 had been wiped from my EC's. My corporate offer would actually be better than losing $200 EC's and I wouldn't have to worry about meeting any host's expectations. Would it be bad form, or even noticed, if I cancelled with the host and later re-booked with the corporate offer. This would be my second time using a host in Vegas, with my first experience being less than pleasant, even though everything did eventually get comped. At my $500/hand BJ average, I wasn't expecting this. Is there really much of an advantage to using a host? Is it common for the host to immediately raid your EC's? I am going to Tunica this weekend and I have very little EC's left. I never use a host there as the corporate offers give me everything I need, so I sometimes use EC's there, since they force those out first in Tunica.

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive never had a host "raid" the EC for a front end comp.

they usually just tell me, sorry we cant do that and I will book ur trip and we can do it on the back end.

otherwise they can help you book your corporate offer if u want.

id call the host and ask him whats going on.

fk

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, how much do you play? If the $200 in EC covers the 2 nights you are being comped, then you're not exactly rolling in the biggest and fanciest room. And if you're wagering $500 a hand, then you shouldn't have any problem getting a standard room comped upfront. Something doesn't add up here

I Need Spa
  4. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, something doesn't add up and that is why I am a little frustrated. My last trip, confirmed by prior host at a sister property was 12 hours at $500/hand over 3 nights. I was shocked to see the EC's deducted from my account. I feel that I am such an awkward position now, that I will burn future bridges with hosts at this property, so I either have to bail completely or go along for the crappy ride. I may just step down a tier in properties and see if the treatment changes. I think because of my last trip being a very good win and using most of the comps available to me, that this new host at a different property may be a little gun shy. Does that make any sense? I think I am ready to just stick with corporate offers. I never felt pressure and I did feel that on my last trip, because the host put that pressure on me by saying you haven't played enough for the upfront comp offered. This was all discussed in a prior thread. Anyway, I felt I was screwed then and feel like it again. I might have to take a jar of vaseline on this next trip.:eek:

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ask the host about the ECs. I've never heard of a host taking ECs before the trip. I don't even know how that's possible. the ECs were most likely removed for some other reason by someone else or by a mistake. who knows with Mlife.

as far as the offer, you can just tell the host you want him to change your res to use that offer. if he doesn't want to give you that offer, he should tell you just to call VIP and book it.

as far as your comment about burning bridges with hosts, plural, at that property, that's impossible. hosts are not a tight knit bunch. hosts are in direct competition with each other like sales people on commission and, in fact, most hosts don't really like each other. so burning a bridge with one host will not effect in the least bit your ability to call another host at that property next trip.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just sent an email to the host asking as politely as possible how the express comps may have decreased. They literally were there an hour before my communication with the host. What doesn't make sense - the host said I will give you what your are used to at "X" property and then once I asked what that was gave me a little bit less. I am hoping I get a quick response and some sort of explanation. I did make a point to say I don't need much on this trip, but I did not want any surprises. I will wait and see. I truly want to build a good relationship with a host. Half of my trips are solo and I don't use many comps and actually told the host I didn't need anything but a standard room. I am trying to build some good credibility by making sure I give adequate play in relation to comps. However, I hope that with a long-term relationship like this that I will be able to push the limits every once in awhile when I am with other people and need more comps. My play has increased greatly over the last few years and I kinda like to the special treatment, even if it can be expensive at times on those losing trips. I think most of us are attracted to the limo rides, nice rooms and expensive meals all "on the house" so to speak.

7. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    something sounds fishy with that host.

if you have play in their computer system im surprised that this is happening at your level of play.

good luck sorting it out, ive had horrible luck at Aria with their customer service. Ive just given up.

my wife gets on my case since 1 losing trip can pay for 6 luxurious weekends at vegas even at standard rates from some deal website.

fk

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im in the same boat as you. I have a great host at the B even after over a 8 year hiatus from there and moving to cet (cant stand cet anymore). Now i am back to mlife and he still took care of me on my last trip while he was out of the country.

I avg around the same as you in bj but avg more in bacc but not by much. My max in either game on 1 hand has been 10k but only while ive been winning.

If you want a good rec at the B, pm me. Otherwise, on my next trip, i will be staying at aria thru a host rec from vmb (hope he is good and heard great things). He verified my play and was more willing than any other host from aria to help me out.

9. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Host got back to me and did not take any EC. Theorized they may have expired, since they expire after 12 months. I didn't realize they expired. I know I have cycled through them, but without any itemization on mlife site, how would you know.

10. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    again fishy

express comps are not supposed to expire if you earn some every 12 months

seems like u play at least 2x a yr so unless its been a yr since you last played they should expire.

fk

11. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fk, you are right. Just checked mlife site. They don't expire unless you have no play in 12 months. That's what I thought, but the host said they expired after 12 months. Definitely not happening with me. I play at least once a month in tunica. I guess I will be contacting mlife to see what the hell happened. Hopefully, just a glitch.

12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Mlife, but my host (a new host in May as the previous host(ess) "retired" in April) made reservations for me in May for October for 5 nights. He pointed out that though not posted, there was a craps tournament in the future and if / when it was posted on the personal account to let him know and he would change 3 of the 5 nights to that offer and continue the first and last night as a comp. I realize you are talking 2 nights and I am talking 5 but there must have been some reason for moving my reservation around as it would seem he could have just "entered" me in the tournament and left the nights under his original reservation.

It is a most curious web which is woven. Trying to figure it out is a challenge as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.