1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question regarding hotel check in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by stephyamber, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephyamber

stephyamber Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious on everything I keep hearing about different types of lines to check in with at hotels? Could someone explain the different types and give details? We are leaving for Vegas on Sunday and are super excited to be staying at Aria this trip! I've just never noticed any other lines then regular check in.

2. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are not checking into a comped room or invited by a host, you check in at the regular line.

Off to the left of the regular line is "Invited guest" check in. If the regular line is really long, I would probably go over there and try to check in with them. It's the "May as well try" option.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically if you've never noticed the other lines you don't really need to worry about them. They are for known players.

4. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked into Flamingo a year an a half ago and the regular line was something out of Disney. The 'Gold' card line was 1 person long.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The key is to check in a couple hours after check in time. if check in time is 3pm, dont show up then because you and 3,000 other people will be checking in.

vegas is a 24/7 town. drop your bags at the bell desk and start having fun. Come back around 6 or so and there wont be any line.

6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep!:beer:

7. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check in lines

This is going to make me sound stupid but here goes.

When my husband and I went to TI this past May, I apparently played enough to earn comp'ed rooms to come back. A host reached out to me, sent me robes, and a nice card suggesting I call her when I'm ready to return. So, I emailed her and sure enough, I've got 2 rooms comp'ed for 3 nights this December and a couple buffets thrown in. I'm bringing 3 friends with me and can't wait.

My question concerns the "invited guests" line referenced in this thread. I don't recall seeing one, but did go in the VIP room to have boarding passes printed for us on our last trip and was treated like royalty. Does anyone know if TI has a "special" or "invited guests" check in line? We're getting in around 8pm so I don't really think there will be lines, but am curious as to how all this stuff works.

Looking forward to coming back to Mecca!:wave:

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

yes but might be closed by the time u get in

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to different lines, some hotels have special floors. Palazzo, for example, has their Prestige floors. If you are in one of these rooms you bypass the front desk entirely and take the elevator up to the 23rd floor, where you get your own set of concierges, check-in people, complementary champagne and a private lounge with a great view and pretty decent Happy Hour.

But seconding the advice above - just dump the luggage at the Bell Desk and go play for awhile. Check in when the line has vanished.

10. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed at Aria MDW 2011 we got to Vegas at 11 and Aria at noon. Walked up to the common folk check in since there was no line and asked if we could check our bags and come back later to check in and they checked us in right then and there.

Never know until you ask.

11. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to CP before and they had a sign blocking the check in saying NO CHECKING UNTIL 3pm. You couldn't even get in line, had some person saying nope! Don't know if it's still like that but I'll find out Oct.27th.

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I've stayed at CP the last 4 times with the most recent being August and April before that but have never seen them do anything like that before. Was this recently and was it the general check-in or the VIP check-in?

Thanks.

13. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We were shocked to say the least.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.