1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Playing off comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Aftermath, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to play off Mlife corporate offers like you do with host booked trips?

I know with a host booked trip, if you receive a complimentary upgrade at check-in to a more expensive room, that becomes factored into the comp amount that you are expected to play off and if you don't, the host will probably not be too keen on helping you out in the future.

Does it work the same way with a corporate offer trips? Am I expected to play a higher amount for that trip because I was technically "comped more" than what corporate originally was willing to spend on me? Will my offers for Winter dwindle if my play doesn't justify the "complimentary upgrade"?

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, your comps are going to be based on ADT. If you get an upgrade on a comped room at check in, and play at your normal level, then you will continue to receive the same comps (so the non-upgraded room). They dont keep an "over-comped" balance that they deduce from for future offers...

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most corporate offers are based off ADT from the past few months or trips. So if they overcomp you, great. And if your offers are lower in the future, its a result of your ADT, not the overcomping

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is consistent with what I have seen, you only need to play up to the level of an upgraded room on that particular trip, it does not count against you in the future.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer the OP's question, yes, if you take an upgrade that's what they will see in the system as comped when you go to have extra picked up at the end of your trip. So in essence you well have to play that off before you can get any extra comps on the back end.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is of course correct, but it was not the OPs question. He is asking if not playing up to the level of a room he is upgraded into will impact future offers, and the answer is no.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok I understand now.

now that I understand the question, that statement is not correct. a comp upgrade at check-in doesn't mean you're now expected to play to a higher level or risk upsetting your host. it just means that you won't get any extra comps on the backend until you first play that higher amount off. so really the whole premise of your question is wrong.

8. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason I ask is because I remember reading a story here a while ago where someone booked a standard room through a host and used the $20 trick at check-in and ended up being upgraded to a Penthouse Suite. Their play for the trip was worthy of the standard room but definitely not for the Penthouse. The property specific offers stopped rolling in and the host ignored their requests from there on out.

9. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks dankyone. I'm confused by the above highlighted line. So are you saying that I do need to up my play for that particular trip if i'm upgraded in order to justify the upgrade? :confused:

10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to play up to the level of the upgraded room (the room you are actually in regardless of how you got there) if you want a host to comp additional food/bev/etc at the end of that trip above and beyond your current offer.

Not playing up to the level of the upgraded room should not impact future offers nor a host's willingness to help you in the future.

11. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems consistent with what everyone is saying. Thanks. :thumbsup:

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be clear, you only have to do it if you want MORE comps than what they offered. If you way underplay, you still get the original offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.