1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mexican: Diablo's or Border Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by d0nk3ypunch, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to determine whether to reserve Diablo's or Border Grill for lunch. The ratings that I have seen are close, so I thought I would ask here. Location on the Strip is not a factor, unless the Park construction will make transit difficult.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are decent, but with very different vibes. Diablos tries to have more of a party or sportsbar feel (depending on the day and time). Border Grill is more akin to a sit down restaurant

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. scott8175

scott8175 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only speak for Diablo's, but I thought it was a cool/fun place to go....food was good and large portions ( wife and I shared a plate of nachos and couldn't finish it)

Haven't been to border grill

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like T and T's at Luxor.

5. TDS

TDS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Diablo's, but Border Grill is excellent. Food is very good and chips/salsa are highly addictive. If you go, they have a Habenero salsa which you have to request which is outstanding. Particularly good is the weekend brunch which is served Saturday and Sundays - well worth it if you are there on a weekend. There used to be discount certificates for Border Grill on Restaurant.com, but I haven't seen them listed recently.

6. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to Diablos, but I really like Border Grill. More upscale and not your typical Mexican menu. I would look over both menus and see what calls to you. I don't think either are bad.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This comment is right on! I know its not one of the places you asked about, but T and T is the best south strip Mexican food :thumbsup:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  8. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just ate at Diablo's a week ago and ate at Border Grill last May. IMHO, Border Grill food, menu way above Diablo's. I had the special brunch at BG on weekend, the tapas menu, every item was fantastic. At Diablo's, I had the steak fajitas and it was the same quality of fajitas I can get at any Mexican place in my hometown, quite the disappointment. Like earlier post said, total different atmosphere also. Diablo's is more loud party/sports bar where Border Grill was more restaurant quiet type place. I would go to Border Grill, just my 2 cents worth.

9. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, Diablo for party style, Border for more dinner like atmosphere.

Diego at MGM has some great food and drink too, also in a restaurant setting. As did Isla at TI, my favorite, before it was rebranded to a seafood joint due to the Senor Frogs opening.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Border Grill is amazing!! Highly recommend, we go on every trip. It's modern mexican food, it's somewhat creative and fancy stuff. The brunch is good. I also love the skirt steak and the quesadillas.

Never been to Diablos.. but it's more of a bar I think.. probably more traditional mexican food.

11. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to both and agree with Heather, Blue and Travel. Border is outstanding food but is not a Woo-Hoo atmosphere. If Chi Chi's, Chevy's or the like are your type of Mexican places then I would suggest Diablo's. Nothing wrong with Diablo's. I also tried T&T last month, it was good but I thought Diablo's was better. For Strip Mexican places I like Border and El Sagundo but El Sagundo is too expensive without going during happy hour and using a Restaurant.com cert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.