1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline price notification sites?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by makikiboy, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a site(s) that can send you an email notification if airline prices drop a certain amount? I know bing (and other sites) sends a notify when prices drop any amount but I am looking for a site where I can set a dollar amount and be notified only if the airline price dropped below that amount. That way I will only be notified when prices drop below that amount. I hated bing because it would notify me almost daily of even $1 price drops, got to the point where I got tired of the emails from them and I am only interested if airline prices drop below a certain amount.

I wonder if we would be notified of the price drop due to the error that united had last week. that would also be a good notify. anyone know exactly what time the problem occurred and for how long? Nobody seems to know the exact times.

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what happened with United? I don't pay that close attention to travel information

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some glitch, people were getting tickets to Hawaii from NJ for like $ 15.00 round trip,lol.
    As well as other domestic flights for only a few bucks. I heard United was going to make good on the tickets.

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting that they would, I recently had a car rental reservation for a free weekend using some code where all I had to do was pay tax...and Avis ended up cancelling it, said the reservation was invalid

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yapta.com

You put in a target amount and it checks the price every day and emails you if your target is hit.

I think Kayak may also do that, but I don't like Kayak's look and feel, so I've used Yapta.

It also displays a historical graph of the daily prices for your flight, so you can get an idea of the ups and downs.

As far as the United glitch, notification sites go and get the prices at a set time each day, so if the price error was only up for a couple of hours and the notification site didn't ping it in that window, you wouldn't get notified.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about if it is in real time (which I doubt) but Travelocity used to have a setting where it would alert you if airfare dropped below $x amount.

7. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use kayak.com and set my approximate dates. They send me a weekly email, and also an email if it changes significantly. It has served me well in recent years.

8. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use airfarewatchdog.com or smartertravel.com. You can sign up for alerts on specific travel routes.

9. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Kayak. I think it works pretty well. I like the app on the Iphone not sure if you have one but you can get notified daily or weeky on exact or monthly rates. There's also a tool called buzz that tells you the trends of every month when the lowest time to buy is.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info, I will have to check them out and see which one is best for me. I tried not to create logins for some sites because I don't want to be "spammed". I found sites like travelocity and expedia and orbitz if you sign up for alerts you also get regularly spammed so I refrain from giving those sites my email since I only want to be notified of airlines price drops to a certain level.

Not sure but I also had some problems with airfarewatchdog, not sure if they had a dollar amount I could set so they sent me notices anytime rates dropped a dollar or more.

I will check out the sites offerred and get back to you on my research. Sorry, was out of the office for friday and the weekend so missed the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.