1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Lanai vs. Skylofts

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by davis237, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davis237

davis237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, after 10+ Skylofts trips i gotta say that I am now converted to the Mirage. As some of you know from my other thread, I was able to stay at one of the newly remodeled Villas. However, as part of my stay, the Mirage Villas manager gave us a comped 1 bedroom Lanai. I gotta tell you, based on the prices i am definitely going back to the Lanai over the Skyloft. I just love the private pool. Not to mention the Skyloft experience has been a case of decreasing returns recently (tired of the coffee maker issues) :)

An fyi, the women who showed us around and gave us tours of various Villas/Lanais came from Skylofts. She asked many times "how can we make sure you come back here" when I told her the Rolls Ghost was picking us up from the Villas. Well, no need. I have been converted.

2. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand you were comped, but if you were to go back is it rack rate per website or some type of discount off rack for the Lanai? Have any of them been refurbed?

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very interesting. I kind of heard Mirage was going down the toilet. do you get the idea that they're trying to revive things?

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've looked at those Lanai's numerous times on the Mirage website and the private pool looks very cool. Have those all been remodeled now? For the longest time, they were still the cool original Mirage design.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't say that Mirage is going down the tubes, what with Heritage Steak House and the future Morimoto restaurant.

I would say that the clientele has taken a step backwards. An increase in db's, tiny sluts and gangsta wannabe's.

I do give management an A+++ for the classy way my lock problems were solved.

Having said that, I'm getting a little stale on it after 5 consecutive stays and plan on Mandy for my next journey.

6. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the notion that Skylofts have lost their luster.

It's frat party central now up there, you still have to deal with the zoo that is the MGM lobby and frankly, their rooms are looking worn out. It's time to get Tony Chi back to Skylofts and redesign.

7. davis237

davis237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely get that feeling. Although in itself the 1BR Lanai is not as impressive as a 1BR Skyloft, you still get the same service, if not better. Plus, you can step outside into your own pool.

8. davis237

davis237 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don't think they have been remodeled. However, you can still go into your own little pool in January. Nice....

9. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Are the private pools heated? I'm considering this for part of my January trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.