1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Smoke 2013!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VegasCigars, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, checking to see if anyone's going this year?

I cut my trip short last year as I was sick...hoping for a much better time this year!!!:beer::drunk::wave::faint:

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to go to the Big Smoke one of these years. This year however I'm going to the West Coast Pipe Show November 2-3 instead.

3. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had planned to go for the first time this year, but life intervened... I'm still looking forward to trying again next year. I've heard from my brother in law that it's awesome. Lots of free cigars..

4. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer! Would have loved to meet you both!

It's a great time to say the least.

5. Khux

Khux Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be bringing my dad out there for our first big smoke experience! Can't wait

6. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I searched and found this thread before posting my own! Going to my first Big Smoke this year, have tickets for the Saturday evening event. Headed down to Vegas with my girlfriend, meeting her parents down there, so the boys will go to the Big Smoke while the girls go warm the slot machines up a bit. Staying at the Mirage. What night are you going, VegasCigars? Have you been to the big smoke before? I've never been so I'll be interested to see how many "free" cigars I end up with at the end of the night. Getting super excited for this trip! :D

7. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dino, I got an email from them and it had a partial list of cigars..all good ones, about 20. My BIL who's been before said you can get anywhere between 20 and 30 sticks!

I so want to make it but just can't swing the time off work this year....oh well next year I suppose!

8. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Good to know. I don't have a travel humidor or anything so I'll probably ask my GF's dad which ones he wants. And then I'll save the rest for my friends and I to puff away on from Sun-Tues. Should be a good time.

9. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they give em to you in bags that may protect for a little while. Heck, even my travel humidor only holds 15 so I'd be short as well.

An idea is to get some Water Pillows and put them in the bags with the cigars. Heres a link to their site: http://www.waterpillowsinfo.com/. All you have to do is soak them in some distilled water for a minute or so and they work great. I use one when I take my travel humidor out with me in addition to the built in one it has that uses PG solution...

But I'd be like you and smoke a lot of 'em anyways...haha.

Make sure to stop by the Vato Cigar booth and say hi. Paul and Sarah are very nice and they roll their own that is available in Binion's downtown. Very tasty cigars, especially the Aloha blend

10. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the sound of that Aloha Blend, I'll be sure to stop in and say hi. Probably going to attempt a trip report/trip summary if I can. We'll see how much of this trip I really remember :)

11. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the post was about something else, darn:faint:.

p

12. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you need to go to Colorado or Washington for that :wink2:

13. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dino, the Aloha is one of the smoothest, sweetest cigars I've had. Very nice maduro. They call it a full flavor cigar but I've had stronger. Last time I was in town, I smoked 3 or 4 of them and had to buy more just to bring home so I had a few...

A tip: If you go to their location in Binion's, use yelp to check in there before you go in and it will give you a 20% off coupon to use. The day I used it they were nice enough to even apply it to a buy 3 get one free deal.

14. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! We will definitely be hitting downtown, as I want to eat one of those shrimp cocktails from Golden Gate and try my hand at sigma derby at The D if I can get a spot. I'll definitely check out their actual location. Might have to bring a couple Aloha blends back to Canada.

Personally my favorite cigar is the Opus X, but then again I'm a brand whore and like to pretend I'm a baller on vacation. Really looking forward to this Big Smoke. Only 24 more working days for me.

Thanks again for all the info.

15. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother in law treated me to my first Opus X on my birthday...one of the most sublime smokes I've had. If I could afford, I'd smoke more of them haha

16. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. In Canada we have high taxes on tobacco and liquor, so an Opus X at my local cigar store runs about $33/stick. Earlier this year I went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral, so we stopped in at Corona Cigars in Orlando. Best cigar store I've seen and theyw ere selling Opus X for I believe $16/stick. So I picked a few of those up, and went to the cigar club on the ship. Those were some good times. Two fingers of Balvenie Double Wood 12 year and a Opus X. The guy running the cigar club was really surprised when I showed him the Opus X. That is one fine cigar. If I could afford to, I'd exclusively smoke those. But like I said, I'm a pretend baller when I go on vacation. I think the Aloha Blend is more my budget. Really looking forward to the Big Smoke. I think if I have a good time there, I might try to make a trip down to Vegas for it every two years or so. We shall see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.